Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow users to change their password

Hi all

I have an OX installation running since a couple of month. I dont know much Java and am novel to OX, so was very happy that I was able to install it smoothly. Until recently, users could change their passwords going to Configurations, then clicking on "User" and then "Password". But recently, this entry in the menu has vanished, I suspect that I have updated the ubuntu-packages and some configurations have changed. Or I might have done something stupid myself which changed that setting, or I was just unable to locate the place.

So I want to ask how I can restore this feature for the users. Which configurations do I need to change to allow them to change the password again? I use the standard mysql table user with SHA as the passwordMech.

Thanks a lot for your help

Hannes

PS: attached a screenshot of how the Configuration menu looks like...
    Attached Files

Hi,

can you check if the open-xchange-passwordchange-* packages are installed? You need at least the -servlet package and the -database package (for the db password change implementation) to make it work at the user interface. Also check, if the user has the --access-edit-password permission turned on. This can be enabled using the OX "changeuser" command.

Greetings

Comment

Great, thanks a lot. This did the trick although I still dont know how I did it before this (I must have really screwed something up with my packages).

Just to make it easier for other people:
      apt-get install open-xchange-passwordchange-database
      apt-get install open-xchange-passwordchange-servlet

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser -c 1 -A admin -P XXXX -i 3 --access-edit-password on

...and magically under "User" there is an option "Password" where the user can change it. Thanks again.

Hannes

Comment

Working...
      X