Noob with questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob with questions...

I have some questions about open exchange. I have been looking for a tool to allow me to coordinate my calendar and my wife's calendar as well as a global calendar. MS Exchange (which I am familiar with at work) seems to be a logical choice until you see the pricetag, not to mention having to create AD and do all the stuff required for MS Exchange.

That is how I came across OpenXChange. I recently installed the Express edition on a spare computer and have been playing with it.

I currently have a website host that provides me with webspace and email hosted using my own domain name.

I was wondering if I could use this OpenXchange by having it retrieve the email from my hosting provider. Then just using the OpenXchange web client to access those emails as well as all our calendar data. So basically I'm wanting to use OpenXchange for its groupware functions while allowing another site to host my email.

I am using DynDNS to that allows me to use a domain name (yourdomain.dyndns.org) to get to my router that then forwards port 80 to the OpenXchange webserver. If OpenXchange doesn't do this are their other opensource Linux groupware applications that will?
    Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2007, 03:43 PM.

Originally posted by gyoung345 View Post
    I was wondering if I could use this OpenXchange by having it retrieve the email from my hosting provider. Then just using the OpenXchange web client to access those emails as well as all our calendar data. So basically I'm wanting to use OpenXchange for its groupware functions while allowing another site to host my email.
    As of the next Service Pack for Open-Xchange Express Edition, it will support fetchmail which allows to fetch mails from other mailboxes/hosters.

René

Comment

Okay, probably a stupid question, but when is that expected?

Comment

Originally posted by gyoung345 View Post
        Okay, probably a stupid question, but when is that expected?
        We do not have a date for it yet. My personal guess is that is will be available in Q4 2007.

René

Comment

Working...
        X