Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oxtender is unusable (initial use, first confguration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxtender is unusable (initial use, first confguration)

hello,

because the german thread shows no solution, i will translate the problem - it's an urgent one.

the problem: oxtender 1.7.5.4 and earlier versions (1.7.x.x) doesn't work with tunderbird 3.1.x.. after the installation of oxtender and tb-restart the configuration dialog of oxtender appears and you can fill in your credentials, but you can't close it by ok, only by the x in the box.

no connections comes up, status check freezes and there are some error messages. reportetd is for example in the german thread:

Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.createStatement]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://oxcalendar-provider/content/DatabaseManager.js :: getOXCalendarPref :: line 227" data: no]
    my oxtender says "wrong server", although the credentials are right. i use those: http://oxportal.de/ox/demo.html (worked fine some weeks ago with older tb and oxtender-versions).

problem occurs under a fresh windows 7, fresh thunderbird 3.1 with all updates (no old data, no imports or something like that) and fresh oxtender.

i want to sign up by an ox6-provider and will get in problems, if oxtender doesn't work (the contract binds me for 6 month minimum from the signup on).

i really appreciate the work of those, who make the oxtender, but at the moment i couldn't estimate how reliable it is or how fast the developers could/will react in future problems (e.g. by new versions of thunderbird).

thx for any help,

karsten
    Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2010, 09:09 PM.

Hi,

somehow I missed the german thread, I also use Windows 7 and Windows Vista and both without any problem. I guess it is a special problem with your system. Please open a ticket here so that you can send me logfiles:

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Comment

Working...
    X