Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Open-Xchange Community Edition Installer released

Hello Everybody,

i just want to point your attention to a little contribution i've been working on in the last weeks: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...tion_Installer

This little script automatically installs a full functional build of the Open-Xchange Community Edition on a Debian Etch system. Currently it works quite simple, but i hope you like it anyway and maybe drop some feedback

Greetings.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-23-2007 at 11:53 PM.

xiao Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Hello Everybody,

i just want to point your attention to a little contribution i've been working on in the last weeks: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...tion_Installer

This little script automatically installs a full functional build of the Open-Xchange Community Edition on a Debian Etch system. Currently it works quite simple, but i hope you like it anyway and maybe drop some feedback

Greetings.

thank you very much Martin, as always helping and making great contributions, thank you very much.

Installers updated, i also added a script for openSuSE 10.2 and Ubuntu Feisty.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-25-2007 at 10:40 PM.

jonathanussf Guest

Default Fantansitc Script

Many thanks to Martin and his great effort. The script does the work of two days for you in 5 minutes.

Remember to set your JDK enviroments ie: JAVA_HOME etc...

John (very happy now with OX)

xiao Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Installers updated, i also added a script for openSuSE 10.2 and Ubuntu Feisty.

thanks for your work Martin… I have a doubt, that I must change so that the dominion is not example.com and change it by midomain.com

// EDIT:
    The workaround below is obsolete now as i added a customizable domain name to the installer. It's included at the debian installer at the moment but will also be available at the ubuntu/opensuse installer soon.

Hi,

you'll have to modify the following lines. All line numbers are taken from the debian script as of 19/09/07.

line 216:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller -f --oxdb-pass=secret --admin-pass=secret --maildomain example.com

line 227:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret -c 1 -u testuser -d "Test User" -s "User" -g "Test" -p secret -e testuser@example.com

configs:
    apache/default: ServerName hyperion.example.com
    apache/default: ServerAdmin oxadmin@example.com
    cyrus/imapd.conf:loginrealms: example.com
    postfix/main.cf:myhostname = example.com
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 09-20-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Gromit Guest

Does your script also work with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ?

Hi Gromit,

i am not sure about this, but - just try
    If it is a requirement for many community members to provide a 6.06 installer i'll think about it but supporting any and every version of a distribution will end up in a very large support effort, for example when updating the script for 100 platforms. But anybody is invited port the installer to other distributions and operating systems.

Greetings

Gromit Guest

Well, I think Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ist probably the most important version of ubuntu for server systems right now since it has the long term support.

Hi again,

i just added a installer for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. Please add the 'universe' and 'multiverse' repository to your sources.list in order to complete installation.

Greetings