Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting default SENT folder

Hi,

we are using the Openxchange with a dedicated mail server (cyrus).
    Our "normal" folder for "Sent-mails" is Sent.
    Using the Open Xchange e-mail interface a new folder "Sent Items" is created.

How can we set (global) this folder to user.$USERNAME.Sent ?
    What about mail drafts ?

Thanks & bye, Peer

Hi,

those default values for new users can be changed here: /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    OX users can also change their default folders at Configuration -> E-Mail -> Accounts.

Greetings

Comment

I can not set any folder (Sent, Draft, ...).
      You are talking about this setting screen, right ?

Comment

Oops, sorry - those settings can only be applied by the user for additional mail accounts. Please modify the default values at the config file then before creating users.

Comment

Currently I can not do this. We are using oxldapsync (which is working fine), but now I no longer able to change
          those settings (see the other thread). I've also added a ldap user "oxadmin", but I'm not able to do anything on the
          cli.

Comment

Those config file settings are not only for cli but also for other clients creating users. iirc oxldapsync calls those cli tools, so basically its the same as using them directly.

Comment

OK, using "changeuser" solved the problem.
              One last question: I can set the Sent box with
              /opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P PW -u USERNAME --mail_folder_sent_name Sent

What is the syntax to list this setting or all settings of the user ?

Thanks & bye, Peer

Comment

Originally posted by peko View Post
                OK, using "changeuser" solved the problem.
                One last question: I can set the Sent box with
                /opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P PW -u USERNAME --mail_folder_sent_name Sent

What is the syntax to list this setting or all settings of the user ?

Thanks & bye, Peer
                add --csv to the list output.

Comment

Working...
                X