Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error importing calendar (.ical) - Uid already exists!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error importing calendar (.ical) - Uid already exists!

Hello,

I can import calendars in iCalendar format. But the problem happens when a second user try to import the same calendar (e.g. the academic calendar of University or the local festivity calendar).

Second user get the following error when try to import and no event is imported:

Code:
    Dec 22, 2010 10:17:55 AM com.openexchange.groupware.importexport.importers.ICalImporter importData
    SEVERE: APP-0100 Category=1 Message=Can not insert appointment with this uid. Uid already exists. exceptionID=-173452733-1431
    APP-0100 Category=1 Message=Can not insert appointment with this uid. Uid already exists. exceptionID=-173452733-1431
    	at com.openexchange.calendar.CalendarMySQL.handleUid(CalendarMySQL.java:1417)
    	at com.openexchange.calendar.CalendarMySQL.insertAppointment0(CalendarMySQL.java:1277)
    	at com.openexchange.calendar.CalendarMySQL.insertAppointment(CalendarMySQL.java:1264)
    	at com.openexchange.calendar.CalendarSql.insertAppointmentObject(CalendarSql.java:447)
    	at com.openexchange.calendar.CalendarSql.insertAppointmentObject(CalendarSql.java:106)
    	at com.openexchange.groupware.importexport.importers.ICalImporter.importData(ICalImporter.java:286)
    	at com.openexchange.groupware.importexport.ImporterExporter.importData(ImporterExporter.java:153)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.ImportServlet.doPost(ImportServlet.java:164)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:392)
    	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:182)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:504)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:129)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:316)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.createResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:207)
    	at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.call(AJPv13Task.java:346)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
    	at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:738)
    	at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:764)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I'm using Open-Xchange 6.18.0-Rev20 on a Centos5.5.

How can I solve it?

Hi,

UUID are - well - unique. Unique in terms of worldwide-unique so OX wont allow two appointments with the same UUID. You could change the UUID field at the ical file or even remove it.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks Martin!

I removed the UID entries from .ical file:
      Code:
      sed -i -e '/^UID/ d' academic_calendar.ical
      and could import it at different users.

But, I think that this will be a problem for the users that wants to import external or public .ical files. I'm sure that more than one will try to import the same and will face this issue.

Comment

Sure, this will be a problem, but the definition of UUID is quite strict. Public ical files should not contain such an identifier if the appointments are meant to exist in more then one calendar.

Comment

Working...
        X