Cyrus-impad Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus-impad Problem

Hello,everyone,any one can help me,i get always this Error when i login with Cyrus admin-user oxadmin:

# cyradm -user oxadmin -auth login localhost
    IMAP Password:
    Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 119
    cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with login as oxadmin

i have googled this Problem,and i think i must create a user table in mysql just like /etc/pam.d/imap file in Wiki-Howto.But in Wiki-Howto contains not Information about how can i create a table user in open-xchange-db.

anyone know how should i create this user table,Thanks so much.....

Hi,

the open-xchange-db database is created by the oxinstaller script provided with the sourcecode.

Greetings.

Comment

but in Wiki-Howto section IV.2.4 is

IV.2.4. Restart

Now restart saslauthd and cyrus and try to login with user oxadmin and password: <YOUROXADMINPASSWORDFROMINSTALL>

and i restart saslauthd and cyrus,then i use cyradm login with user oxadmin

cyradm --user oxadmin --server localhost --auth plain

normally i can use oxadmin login,is right?

i have test user oxadmin with testsaslauthd,it comes also the same Error:
      testsaslauthd -u oxadmin -p <YOURADMINPASSWORD>
      0: NO "authentication failed"

and /var/log/maillog is:
      Aug 25 15:54:52 acer imap[14428]: accepted connection
      Aug 25 15:54:54 acer imap[14428]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1] PLAIN [SASL(-16): encryption needed to use mechanism: security flags do not match required]
      Aug 25 15:54:58 acer imap[14428]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1] plaintext oxadmin SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed
      Aug 25 15:55:20 acer master[14405]: process 14416 exited, status 0
      Aug 25 15:56:01 acer master[14405]: process 14428 exited, status 0
      Aug 25 15:56:01 acer master[14466]: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd
      Aug 25 15:56:01 acer imap[14466]: executed

thx
      Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2007, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Hi,

then it is a error at the wiki i gues. The oxadmin account will be created in the database by the oxinstaller script which is not yet executed. Maybe those errors are a product of turning the wiki installation process around. Some time ago the cyrus/smtp configuration was described after the groupware installation which lead to many problems because users did not yet set up their mailsystem before executing the ox installer.

Comment

I also had that error, this generated era so that it was not the following lines as she says wiki:

/tec/pam.d/imap

Code:
          [COLOR="Red"]#@include common-auth
          #@include common-account[/COLOR]

auth       optional     pam_mysql.so host=localhost user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid] [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1
          account    required     pam_mysql.so host=localhost user=openexchange passwd=<YOURPASSWORDFROMINSTALL> db=open-xchange-db [table=login2user LEFT JOIN user ON login2user.id=user.id AND login2user.cid=user.cid]  [where=user.cid=1] usercolumn=login2user.uid passwdcolumn=user.userPassword crypt=1
          now it compares the one of wiki with your configuration fileā€¦ reviews well because I believe that you have commented two forward edge, when it does not have thus to be.

Comment

to Martin:
            this meaning,i can install the OX6 ignore this Error?

and to xiao:
            you meaning that,i should not commentes two forward Lines.It's right?
            but i have tested without commentes,it comes always the same Error

THX
            Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2007, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hi again,
              I mean you _have to_ configure a imaps mail system before installing the ox software because the oxinstaller script handles all the database work for you which includes creating users mailboxes what requires imaps access and database authentification.
              Did you already try to use one of the automatic installers for debian/suse/ubuntu? these installers will do anything that's required to get a functional system.

The lines xiao pointed must be commented out because it'll break the mysql authentification if they are not deleted or commented out.
              Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-25-2007, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X