Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change users primary mail in production server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change users primary mail in production server.

Hello,

I alerted that user primary mail cannot be changed with changeuser, getting this error:
    "Primary mail must not be changed". (I'm synching users from LDAP).

I want to ask if this restriction can be overriden in any way. I'd like to know because we are ready to deploy OX in the University where I work for a large amount of users, BUT there is a plan to change user mail addresses to unify them in the future (I do not know when will happen) and this change will affect a large amount of systems and it is not easy to do.

The aim is to unify all mail addresses to user@domain.edu instead of user@subdomain.domain.edu

How this change will affect to Open-Xchange accounts? Is there any solution to avoid problems when this finally happens?

I cannot imagine what could happen if deletion of all accounts and creation of new ones is required :S
    Give your oppinions please! :-)

Thanks,
    Gerard B.

that is a configurable behaviour via /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties:

PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLE=false

Comment

Hello,

I tried changing to PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLE=false
      and it seems to work, BUT....

I can only change the mail one time. If I change the mail for a second time I get the following error:

Code:
      Server response:
       primaryMail, Email1 and defaultSenderAddress must be present in set of aliases.

Originally posted by Carsten Hoeger View Post
      that is a configurable behaviour via /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties:

PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLE=false

Comment

Originally posted by gbosch View Post
        Hello,

I tried changing to PRIMARY_MAIL_UNCHANGEABLE=false
        and it seems to work, BUT....

I can only change the mail one time. If I change the mail for a second time I get the following error:

Code:
        Server response:
         primaryMail, Email1 and defaultSenderAddress must be present in set of aliases.
        As the error says, when you change the primary mail address you need to take care, that this new address is also present in one of the users aliases. Whatever value you apply to any of primaryMail, Email1 and defaultSenderAddress, it must also exist in the aliases the user has.

Comment

Hi,

and is there not any way to supress aliases and only take the current value of email from LDAP?

If I change the primary mail for one user in LDAP I want this value get synched to OX and avoid all kind of aliases. Is it possible to do?

Thanks!
          Gerard.

Comment

No, there isn't. The aliases are used as list of possible email addresses the user can choose as sender address when sending mail.

Comment

Working...
            X