No announcement yet.

IMAP folder names internationalization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP folder names internationalization?

Hi all, I would like to change default IMAP folder names in order to reflect current user's language.

I've tried to change default folder names when creating/changing users:
    • mail_folder_drafts_name
    • mail_folder_sent_name
    • mail_folder_trash_name
    • mail_folder_spam_name
    • mail_folder_confirmed_spam_name
    • mail_folder_confirmed_ham_name

This apparently works (eg: if I set mail_folder_sent_name to Posta inviata, users see Posta inviata as default folder for sent emails), but there is a big problem with this solution: OX physically creates an IMAP folder named Posta inviata on the server
    This does not solve my initial problem, because I don't want to rename all folder names on my IMAP server, I just want to change their name as displayed in OX webmail interface!

I've looked to OX i18n files (server.xx_XX.po and xx.XX.js) but IMAP folder internationalization seems not be applied

Does OX support IMAP folder internationalization?

What exactly do you understand when you're talking about "IMAP folder internationalization"?
    Is there any standard?

Comment

I don't know the exact "name" for this specification (if any exists, of course!).
      My problem is related to how OX displays default IMAP folder names.

For example: OX webmail always use the name "Sent" as the name for the default sent IMAP folder (in the OX folder tree).
      "Sent" always remains "Sent" regardless of user's language setup, but I would like to change it to "Posta Inviata" if I use Italian language
      AFAIK, the only method to change this name for the Sent folder is to change the mail_folder_sent_name property.

This seems to work, eg, now I can see "Posta Inviata" in the OX folder tree, but there are 2 big problems with this solution:
      1. if I change user's GUI language, "Posta Inviata" stays untouched
      2. OX creates a new IMAP folder named "Posta Inviata" on my Cyrus server

With the italian version of Thunderbird, for example, the "Sent" folder is translated to "Posta Inviata", but this is only a "cosmetic" change: Cyrus IMAP folder is always Sent, but Thunderbird shows it as "Posta Inviata"

Comment

Ok, understood. Sounds like a good solution. I'll try to get that on our featurelist.

Comment

Working...
        X