Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compose mail problem ?

Hi,

I have a problem with a particular user which is, since recently, unable to open the "new mail composer" window.
    The window is stalled at "loading in progress", and a javascript error with concat_all.js is showing up into firefox ...

This problem occurs only for one user, and only in the "new mail composer" ...
    He can browse into new event or new contact without any problem...

Moreover, other users doesn't have any problem with it...

I just noticed that this user can't change any settings for mail compose preferences ...

Anyone having any clue about it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Cya

Hi,

please try to clear the browser cache. What OX version and browser are you using?

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, i tried it from different computers, and with different browser (IE, FF).

Current version of OX is 6.14.

Cya

Comment

Hi,

please install Firebug for Firefox, activate it and check if some JavaScript errors are logged while opening the popup.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks again for your answer, but i'm not sure how firebug will help me ...
          I mean, i only have one user having this issue ...
          I'm pretty sure his OX profile is corrupted...

My real question is: Is it possible to reset a profile settings (without removing the user, and loosing all his pim datas) ?

Cya

Comment

Hi,

i am pretty sure his profile is not "corrupted" because OX does not store or modify any E-Mail settings on the IMAP Server. Neither do we keep profiles or indices for users. Also, we don't store any persistent user data at the browser cache. The issue you experience is that the dialog does not fully open up. That means the GUI stops working at aspecific point without displaying an server-generated error message. Since the GUI is mostly written in Javascript i think a JS error is causing the "loading" issue while the real issue might be something else.

As you said yourself, a JS error is thrown - but i need more information (e.g. the exact error message) to determine how thats related to the issue. In the meantime you can search the OX Server log for stacktraces that occur while opening the mail window. You might also want to disable all browser plugins and check if that does any good.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

Again thanks for your support...

Just did what you asked for ...
              Firebug show me the following problem into the console:

Code:
              this.currentValues is undefined
              [Break On This Error] this.currentValue = this.currentValues.value;
              concat_all.js (line 3025)
              Any idea ?

Cya

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Please try the following. Open up Firebug and select the "console" tab. Then type "config" and hit enter. Click the returned object and upload a screenshot of the tree and especially the "mail" tree with its subtrees. You might want to obfuscate the values since they contain the users mail address etc.

Greetings

Comment

Hi

Sorry but my customer ask me to resolve the problem ASAP.
                  So i deleted the account, and recreate it (only OX side). Everything is back to normal with the new account.

Sorry i can't help much about it.

Cya

Comment

hallo,

looks like I ran into the same problem with one account - compose mail will hang indefinitely and will show "this.currentValues is undefined" in the javascript console. Now, i did install firebug and ran the config command and extracted this tree:

ox-bug.png

first visible difference from a working account is that the "addresses" attribute is empty. also, when I add another email account to the (broken) user, compose works again - but will only offer the additional from-address, not the default one. once i delete the additional email account, compose will hang - so i guess it is looking for a from-address and doesn't find one. is there any way to fix this or should i just delete this account and create a new one?

this is OX 6.20 running on CentOS 5.6 (installed from the official OX repository) - only

open-xchange-gui-6.20.0.0-11_56.1.noarch.rpm

is installed from snapshots (to fix the "Sent Items" bug which would display from: instead of to: addresses when viewing that folder)

best regards,

guenter

Comment

Hi Guenter,

can you check the Settings -> E-Mail -> Accounts page if there is any suspicious entry, like no E-Mail address for the primary mail account? This would explain why this issue occurs. Also feel free to report it through Bugzilla (https://bugs.open-xchange.com/)

Thanks!

Comment

settings for this user look normal to me:

ox-settings.png

i know this user has been experimenting with unified inbox settings - could this be related? is there anything i could check in the database, i.e. what database entries are used to compute the list of addresses?

anyway, i have opened a bug for this one:

thanks again for looking into this and keep up the good work,

guenter

Comment

just a quick update from the bugtracker:

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser -c ? -i ? -e <email> -a <email>

fixed the problem for us. thanks to Marcus Klein !

Comment

Working...
                          X