The future of the 0Xtender for Thunderbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sploenix View Post
    Maybe the project can be forked at sf or so? It would be nice to see some progress in tb 5/6/7 support in any time soon.

Any progress here?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

unfortunately no progress. I am currently busy with SOGo to find an alternative.

Kind regards
      Michael

Comment

Since there seems to be no soltuion in the near future, I'll just post may changes here ... it is Open Source after all

This modification is based on "open-xchange-thunderbird-connector-1.7.8-2-FOLDER-TB3.xpi"

Relevant changes are:

* addon runs with Thunderbird 7
        * asynchronous synchronization disabled (i.e. Thunderbird is blocked during synchronization)

The XPI and source code is for now available at (in all proability this is only temporary, i.e. I do not know how long it will be available there)

WARNING: use at your own risk, i.e. without any warrenty (see readme file)

Comment

Hey...

any kind of progress?
          I am in need of a working add-on under thunderbird 7.01

Greetz
          Becksta

Comment

I tried to post a link to the modified version (XPI and sources-ZIP), but got a message that the posting needed approval from a moderator.

This was some time ago, so either this forum allows no posting of links or there is no moderator ...

I will try to contact Sebastian Krauss via E-Mail, but after that I am a bit of a loss, what to do next ...

Comment

Hi russa,

I can offer to host the resources, files, etc on our server. If there is interest in, i can prepare a site, where we can continue to develop the Thudnerbird Oxtender. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited in programming, but I would like to contribute and to help in further development,

wbrgds

Lukasz
              company | private

Comment

Hi,

thank's a lot. The xpi from russa side is working well with thunderbird 7 and lightning 1.0b7.
                But the new released Th 8 anf final Lightning 1.0 are not willing to install it.
                Can you check if it will work ? In the moment it will not install.

Thank you !

Bye, Peer

Comment

OXtender Addon for Thunderbird 7/8 available

as I see, my post with the link has finally been approved and is visible

Originally posted by peko View Post
                  Hi,

thank's a lot. The xpi from russa side is working well with thunderbird 7 and lightning 1.0b7.
                  But the new released Th 8 anf final Lightning 1.0 are not willing to install it.
                  Can you check if it will work ? In the moment it will not install.

Thank you !

Bye, Peer
                  as far as I can see, only the compatability-information for the addon had to be updated in order to work with Thunderbird 8 --> done, the new Version is available at the previously posted address (see above, I won't post the link again, since then this mail would probably have to be approved by the Forum moderators again).

@Lukasz
                  thanks for the kind offer. For now, there is no problem hosting the modified addon at the current location. But ideally I would want to integrate the changes into the main development-branch.
                  I contacted Sebastian K. and he offered to give me access to the SVN at assembla.com -- as soon as I have that I will commit the changes to the SVN there (and probably discontinue to host the modified version).

Cheers Aaron.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your work. It's working great!

Bye, Peer

Comment

Hello,

thank all of you for your effort. I installed the OxTender for Thunderbird 8.0 from russa. Now I run into an error while synchronizing the calendars. I get the following error message:
                      Warning not replying script
                      resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/michael/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/tugsh4bf.default/extensions/%7BE6050BDA-F130-11DD-8931-239656D89593%7D/js/DatabaseManager.js:625

Any ideas about the problem? I already removed the calendars and reinitialized them.

Kind regards
                      Michael

Kind regards
                      Michael

Comment

Hello,

first of all: @russa: this is great work, thanks!!

I'm using oXtender 1.7.8.5 TB 8 from http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~russa/OXtender/ with TB8.0 and (surprise!) and lightning 1.0. My Oxtender Server is the new "Communicator 4" from Strato (a big german webhoster). OXtender4Thundrbirds says this is open-Xchange Version 6 and the "System Check succesful". Great so far.

I can sync the calendar without any problems, but can't sync addresses. OXtender creates two adresses in my addressbook: admin@example.com and the address which is usede by the open-Xchange account. Neither does it load the open-Xchange addressbook to Thunderbird nor does it upload the Thunderbird addressbook.

The logfile says:
                        --------------------------
                        init log service
                        Addon version 1.7.8-5
                        [JavaScript Warning: "getAttributeNodeNS() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttributeNS()." {file: "chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul" line: 0}]
                        imap.strato.de : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555
                        once an then
                        com4.strato.de : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555
                        The open-Xchange Server is com4.strato.de, imap.strato.de is just used for the mail account.

Any ideas?
                        thanks,
                        Boas

Comment

Originally posted by mmlitz View Post
                          I get the following error message:
                          Warning not replying script
                          resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm -> file:///C:/Users/michael/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/tugsh4bf.default/extensions/%7BE6050BDA-F130-11DD-8931-239656D89593%7D/js/DatabaseManager.js:625

I suspect this is due to the fact, that I had to disable the asynchronous-mode, i.e. thread-based synchronization. If you have a "slow" internet connection and many appointments/data to synchronize, then Thunderbird might assume that the script is frozen, although it just takes its sweet time to finish the necessary synchronization process ...

It should be save to click "Continue" when this error-message appears, in order to allow the DatabaseManager to finish the synchronization.
                          If you get this error-message at lot, you may consider to change your preferences to limit the time-duration for sync'ing your appointments (--> "Calendar" --> "Sync past appointments") or disable automatic re-synchronization (--> "Extras" --> "Synchronization Interval").

Comment

Originally posted by russa View Post
                            It should be save to click "Continue" when this error-message appears, in order to allow the DatabaseManager to finish the synchronization.
                            If you get this error-message at lot, you may consider to change your preferences to limit the time-duration for sync'ing your appointments (--> "Calendar" --> "Sync past appointments") or disable automatic re-synchronization (--> "Extras" --> "Synchronization Interval").
                            Hi,

you ae right it is a huge calendar or better several of them. I changed my response now to "Continue" the sync process. It is working but not as smooth as it should I think. The sync process is blocking Thunderbird for a period of 5 min. Thank you for your response above.

Kind regards
                            Michael

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm French and I use this add-on on my Thunderbird 9.0.
                              The new url where you can find this add-on is :

And It's work fine
                              Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X