Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some general questions about community edition

Hello,

i am very confused about what can open-xchange community edition do for me. What i need, is a groupware server, where i can connect with outlook 2010 as a free alternative for microsoft exchange. Outlook 2010 should sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to the server. At the other side, i need access with a windows phone 7 via exchange active sync protocol to sync contacts and calendar. Is this possible with the free community edition? Is this version restricted to a spezial user count or to the features? Sorry to aks here, but i couldnt find clear information about this questions on the open xchange website.

Hi,

the "community edition" is the common basis for all commercial Open-Xchange products. It's not limited by user count or something like that. It contains the whole groupware server and some front-ends like the Web-GUI, SyncML, APIs and so on.The commercial products come with addons that extend certain capabilities like synchronizing with Outlook (by offering a MAPI Provider at the client side) or ActiveSync-enabled phones natively by using common OX APIs. These addons contain 3rd party code and patents which cannot be open-sourced nor given away for free, they require a commercial Open-Xchange product with maintenance and support.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Does this mean, that i cant connect with Outlook 2010 or Windows Phone to Open-Xchange Community Edition without buying a commercial AddOn? Or can i connect with both devices, but with some other way?

Comment

You might try a SyncML client for Windows Phone in combination with the open-xchange-syncml connector to synchronize contacts. Synchronization with Outlook and full native PIM functionality is only possible with the commercial addons. Both connectors (Outlook and ActiveSync) contain proprietary code which we cannot publish so those addons are non-OSS.

Comment

Working...
        X