Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message=Error processing mail server response.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message=Error processing mail server response.

Hi all,
    since yesterday, I can not list the IMAP folder structure anymore by using the ox-webinterace. (calendar and contacts are OK).

here the error-msg from open-xchange.log.0

Code:
    19.04.2011 16:24:50 com.openexchange.login.internal.LoginPerformer logLoginRequest
    INFO: Login:martin IP:x.x.x.x AuthID:80405844-5d4e-4901-b651-850d458cd3e2 Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0 Client:com.openexchange.ox.gui.dhtml(6.20.0 Rev5) Interface:HTTP_JSON Context:1(1,defaultcontext) User:3(username) Session:f7f1dbae0f164ce3a2d8ed7b266364ac Random:a12de27595d44fbb860cd0a4a56a8fc5
    19.04.2011 16:24:54 com.openexchange.tools.exceptions.DefaultLoggingLogic codeError
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Coding Error: MSG-1031 Category=8 Message=Error processing mail server response. The administrator has been informed. exceptionID=312389201-5
    MSG-1031 Category=8 Message=Error processing mail server response. The administrator has been informed. exceptionID=312389201-5
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.mail.MailFolderStorage.getFolder(MailFolderStorage.java:649)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.loadFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:1123)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.getFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:706)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.getFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:688)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.outlook.OutlookFolderStorage.getFolder(OutlookFolderStorage.java:910)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.loadFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:1123)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.getFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:706)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.cache.CacheFolderStorage.getFolder(CacheFolderStorage.java:688)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.internal.performers.GetPerformer.doGet(GetPerformer.java:130)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.internal.FolderServiceImpl.getFolder(FolderServiceImpl.java:161)
            at com.openexchange.folder.json.actions.GetAction.perform(GetAction.java:105)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.MultipleAdapter.performRequest(MultipleAdapter.java:107)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.doAction(Multiple.java:214)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.parseActionElement(Multiple.java:173)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.doPut(Multiple.java:125)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:619)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:413)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:183)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:523)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:134)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:335)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.createResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:227)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.call(AJPv13Task.java:352)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:750)
            at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.java:776)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    Caused by: MSG-1031 Category=8 Message=Error processing mail server response. The administrator has been informed. exceptionID=312389201-4
            at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handleMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:612)
            at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handleMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:362)
            at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handleMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:351)
            at com.openexchange.imap.converters.IMAPFolderConverter.convertFolder(IMAPFolderConverter.java:449)
            at com.openexchange.imap.cache.FolderCache.loadFolder(FolderCache.java:278)
            at com.openexchange.imap.cache.FolderCache.getCachedFolder(FolderCache.java:233)
            at com.openexchange.imap.cache.FolderCache.getCachedFolder(FolderCache.java:173)
            at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPFolderStorage.getFolder(IMAPFolderStorage.java:381)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.mail.MailFolderStorage.getMailFolder(MailFolderStorage.java:674)
            at com.openexchange.folderstorage.mail.MailFolderStorage.getFolder(MailFolderStorage.java:598)
            ... 28 more
    Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Parse error in STATUS response: No opening parenthesized list found.;
      nested exception is:
            com.sun.mail.iap.ParsingException: Parse error in STATUS response: No opening parenthesized list found.
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder.doCommand(IMAPFolder.java:2602)
            at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPCommandsCollection.getStatus(IMAPCommandsCollection.java:412)
            at com.openexchange.imap.converters.IMAPFolderConverter.convertFolder(IMAPFolderConverter.java:410)
            ... 34 more
    Caused by: com.sun.mail.iap.ParsingException: Parse error in STATUS response: No opening parenthesized list found.
            at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPCommandsCollection.parseStatusResponse(IMAPCommandsCollection.java:626)
            at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPCommandsCollection$7.doCommand(IMAPCommandsCollection.java:453)
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder.doProtocolCommand(IMAPFolder.java:2657)
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPFolder.doCommand(IMAPFolder.java:2597)
            ... 36 more
    before I had this issue, it was very, very slow that the content of my IMAP-structure was shown (took about ~1min), but now, it doesn´t work at all.

Would be great, if you could give me some hints or reply if you need more details.

regards mardoc

Hi,

it looks like the IMAP Server responds with invalid data, have you access to it? Perhaps its log file can reveal more details.

Greetings

Comment

Unfortunately I´m not running the mail/imap server. (but MS-outlook imap connection is working).
      Additional to that:
      when i click on the infostore, i have the same error-msg, which has nothing to do with IMAP.
      As said, contacts, tasks and calendar are OK.
      in home, when i do a mouse-over the mail, the preview of the mail-content is shown, but i´m not able to move to the mail. when i click on the mail-icon, no "loading" of content is done and nothing is locked in the log-file after clicking on the mail-icon.

also tried to restart ox-admin and ox-groupware and also apache.

very strange....

br martin

Comment

Well, you can't compare Outlook with OX in that case. Outlook has local storage while OX accesses the mailbox directly and fetches the mail folder contents anew when the user accesses them. This can be quite stressing for the IMAP Server, some older ones are not useable while more recent IMAP Server can handle those requirements it without issues.
        Do you know what IMAP Server is running there? Just try telnet <imapserver> 143 - perhaps the greeting message already contains the name of the server software.

Comment

here the response:

Escape character is '^]'.
          * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=SCRAM-SHA-1 AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=PLAIN ID IDLE SORT QUOTA NAMESPACE UNSELECT UIDPLUS LITERAL+ MULTIAPPEND CHILDREN WITHIN] IMAP server ready (2)

Comment

Mh, i'm not sure about the exact kind of IMAP server - looks a bit like GoogleMail(?) IMAP. However, if its a remote (through-the-internet) connection to a IMAP server hosted by a freemail provider, one typically gets top-notch performance for "online" usage - some services even get throttled. Such services are okay for working with offline Clients like Outlook or Thunderbird. You might consider using a local IMAP Service and forward your messages to it to get better performance.

Comment

Hi,
              I have tried to install OX on a fresh system and it is OK.
              after restoring my existing system, i would need to re-install OX from scratch.
              is there a clean way to do that?

br

Comment

Working...
              X