Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not save vacation Notice

Hi everyone,

I installed OX6 Version : 6.20.0 Rev11 (2011-05-19 11:26:33) yesterday. If i want to activate or change the vacation notice it's not working. There's no reaction when i hit the Save Button. Editing and saving mail rules is working fine.
    I looked through every logfile, but no entries from sieve etc.

Used Servers: Cyrus 2.2.13, Postfix 2.5.5, Debian Lenny

Greets

nerving

hello,
    same problem here! What could be a workaround - we urgently need on? Activating via settings/filter does activate the agent, but there is no possibility for a user to modify out-of-office text information.

GUI Version: 6.20.0 Rev11
    Server Version: 6.20.0-Rev11

regards
    Last edited by steini; 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hi,

does the IMAP server throw any kind of error? Anything at the OX logs? What browser are you using?

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

I didn't find anything in any mail or OX realted logfile. There is no reaction on pressing the save button.

I tested with Firefox 3.6 and 4, and also with ie8.

Greets

nerving

Comment

Hi,

thanks. Please install Firebug for Firefox and monitor the Firebug Console while clicking "Save". It should trigger one or two http calls right after clicking the button. Those would be quite interesting. Could you provide any info about your IMAP server?

Greetings

Comment

same with latest update on OXASE !

Comment

We managed to reproduce this issue. Will be fixed with next 6.20 update.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                We managed to reproduce this issue. Will be fixed with next 6.20 update.
                Hi,
                any hint when this PTF will be available ? Currently no one here are allowed to go on holiday until this would be fixed ;-)

Comment

Hi,

we get the same behaviour. cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-7.el5_4.3. Clicking the Save Button generates no Firebug console output. Fortunately, you can activate or deactivate the vacation massage through the "Filter" function, where the vacation notice is shown as a regular filter rule.

Chris

Comment

hello,
                    unfortunately you can not change the text for vacation message, that's it, what this bug makes annoying.

best regards

Comment

Hi,

right now there is no further PTF in the pipe. Since the bug has already been fixed, it might be an option to install a open-xchange-gui package from the snapshot repository, if it's really urgent and you'd like to go on holiday.

Greetings

Comment

hello martin,
                        thank you for this tip. how can i do that, means install a gui package - have never done things like this. Can you help me a little bit?

thank you.

ps: At the moment i can not go on holiday but some other people here have plans and they are quite upset ;-).

In general: I guess a bug like this must be officially fixed very quick - this is my understanding of OX as a business product and THE advantage is speed and quality of active collaboration between OX, community and customers. We can not that easy overrule a company policy that says "activate out-of-office agent " and put some basic information including absent from/til ...

Comment

we are so much disappointed by the OX6 ... OXTender2 does not work ..
                          I think we will change to a functional email system in the near future like Zimbra or MS Exchange

Comment

On cyrus installations, you can deactivate the sieve script (described above) and change the sieve script (text file) in the users sieve directory with your favorite text editor. Certainly, this options is only useful for small environments.

Comment

@Steini: If you need a quick solution, contact the support - they can trigger the release process for such fixes.
                              To install a snapshot package, download it from http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6...0.0-11_all.deb (debian lenny for example) and install it using "dpkg -i package.deb".

Comment

Working...
                              X