Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Hangs on "Initialization ... 90%"

Hi,
    I'm trying to update my OpenXchange installation (community 6.14.0 Rev6) to the latest community version (6.20.0 Rev8) but I run into two major issues:
    1) as said in this thread it's impossible to disable webmail without raising a big error to the user. Indeed it was possible with 6.14.0

2) Even if I enable webmail login hangs on 90% for the users that have this AccessCombination:
    contacts,webmail,calendar,editpublicfolders,readcr eatesharedfolders,ical,vcard,webdav,webdavxml,sync ml
    and firebug says that the error is a "node is undefined" in concat_ox.jsz (line 149)

It seems to me that it should be possible to have PIM without Task and Infostore but i cannot make it work, there is something I miss?

Thanks
    Giuseppe

PS: I already tried deleting cache and cookies and using other browsers too...
    PPS: A user with all modules enabled except Infostore works like a charm

Hi,

it's possible that some access combinations are not working at all. That's why we have defined a set of 5 that are supported. We cannot guarantee that each of the dozen million arbitrary combinations works as expected.
    Let's face it, OX relies on a working E-Mail backend for several features. It's the most basic functionality and therefor it cannot be disabled. That's why none of the predefined combinations excludes E-Mail.

Greetings

Comment

With the latest update Rev 12 (only available to customers with maintenance), we fix some issues, so that it should be possible now to disable web-mail.

Anyway, this is a not supported access combination.
      Markus Wagner
      Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        Hi,
        Let's face it, OX relies on a working E-Mail backend for several features. It's the most basic functionality and therefor it cannot be disabled. That's why none of the predefined combinations excludes E-Mail.
        This is acceptable, but it should be useful being able to disable mail viewing e composing even if mail backend works.
        This is because in a complex imap environment with shared folders and group email addresses the webmail module lacks a lot of functionality for example a really working multi identity and a correct shared folders diplay. In fact with the latest version Shared Folders and Personal Folders will be mixed up.

Originally posted by Markus Wagner View Post
        With the latest update Rev 12 (only available to customers with maintenance), we fix some issues, so that it should be possible now to disable web-mail.
        Anyway, this is a not supported access combination.
        I do not understand why this is a non supported access combination, i selected permissions based on this page

and it seems that hould be possible to have tasks disabled on PIM access combnation.
        So I set up a user with
        pim=webmail,calendar,contacts,globaladdressbookdis abled,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,s ubscription,publication,editpassword

but it still hangs on 90%...

I'm not a customer with maintenance (mainly because of webmail lack of features) and so I cannot try the latest update.

Thanks
        Giuseppe

Comment

Hi Giuseppe,

the supported access combinations are already preconfigured at ModuleAccessPermissions.properties at etc/admindaemon. Just pick one - it should work fine. We're in the process to fix the 90% hang if e-mail is disabled or not available. It could take some time until the new permissions become effective.

If you identify any issues with the mail module itself, feel free to report bugs at https://bugs.open-xchange.com/

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X