Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook XP Access with OX Hosting Edition

Hi,
    ist there any solution to use the OXtender with the Hosting Edition (OpenXchange 6 at 1&1) with Outlook XP Clients? Recommended Version is Outlook 2003 or later (signed at installation attempt).
    Best regards,
    Sascha

Hi Sascha,

The OXtender for Microsoft Outlook technicaly works and is tested with Outlook 2000/XP/2003 (2007 is currently under development), but i guess you'll only get support for 2003 from 1&1. Or their installer checks if OL2003 is installed, i'll take a look at that on monday.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-10-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi Sascha,

The OXtender for Microsoft Outlook technicaly works and is tested with Outlook 2000/XP/2003 (2007 is currently under development), but i guess you'll only get support for 2003 from 1&1. Or their installer checks if OL2003 is installed, i'll take a look at that on monday.
      -> Correct, there is a check, if OL2003 ist installed. Is there another version? Would be great.
      -> Where to get the IP Adress for OXtender Web Access (at 1&1 Support)?
      Nice weekend to you, Martin .
      Sascha
      Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2007, 02:00 AM.

Comment

If 1&1 offers another version of the installer you have to ask for it. 1&1 is a partner of Open-Xchange which also handles all support questions of their customers. I personaly think that there is OL2003 support only because of the lower variations of customer requests at the support. Maybe the installer has some debugging features that disable this check but i have really no clue about their installer because it differs from the Open-Xchange installer. 1&1 added features like the WebDAV Client and automatic configuration of Outlook. The Open-Xchange installer gives you more configuration possibilities for the OXtender but unfortunately there is no "unbundled" OXtender available at present. Thats because the Hosting Edition is available only to hosters which customize their products. But at 100% there will be OXtenders for upcoming Open-Xchange Products in the near future.

> Where to get the IP Adress for OXtender Web Access (at 1&1 Support)?
        Mh what exactly do you mean? 1&1 Provides you a URL pointing to the Webinterface of the Groupware. The OXtender for Microsoft Outlook has no web interface or something, it is just a plugin for Outlook that handles requests between the MailXchange Cluster and you Outlook Client. If you need in-deep information about the data that is exchanged and to what server you should sniff some traffic
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-10-2007, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Tryin out

Okay, I'll try it this way and come back with results.
          I also posted a request at 1&1 Support. Let's see what comes back.
          Sascha

Comment

No solutions from 1&1

The guys from 1&1 replied me that nothing is available in the moment. No stand-alone or basic-version of oXtender.

Let`s see what the community brings ahead.

Comment

Import data from Outlook to OX

When oXtender is not suitable (see above), what other solutions for importing the existing data from Outlook to OpenXchange Hosting Edition are available? As CSV or PST-Files. Or what?

Comment

Well, what can I say, what am I allowed to say...? After checking with my boss:

Let's just say that there is an importer for Outlook CSV (using "comma separated, windows-encoding") in the open-source repository as we speak. I figure that it will be in one of the next updates of 1&1, too.

Until now, I did not know about PST as a format, so this was not implemented... but I'm pretty sure I won't find time to write this soon, since my diploma work is coming up and that will take most of my time.

But I believe building a new importer should be very easy (then again, I designed most of that...). I'll update the howto now, which currently can be found here: http://typo3.open-xchange.com/wiki/i...export_servlet

Kind regards,
                Tierlieb

Comment

.pst Files

Originally posted by Tobias Prinz View Post
                  Well, what can I say, what am I allowed to say...? After checking with my boss:

Let's just say that there is an importer for Outlook CSV (using "comma separated, windows-encoding") in the open-source repository as we speak. I figure that it will be in one of the next updates of 1&1, too.

Until now, I did not know about PST as a format, so this was not implemented... but I'm pretty sure I won't find time to write this soon, since my diploma work is coming up and that will take most of my time.

But I believe building a new importer should be very easy (then again, I designed most of that...). I'll update the howto now, which currently can be found here: http://typo3.open-xchange.com/wiki/i...export_servlet

Kind regards,
                  Tierlieb
                  Hi,
                  .pst files are these wonderful things Outlook is creating for storing its data.

For me and my stupid brain, its nevertheless no suitable way for 1&1 to kick out thousands of possible costumers by bundling a package that only a minority can use.

Strange world,

Sascha

Comment

Working...
                  X