X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong GET path in URL within access.log

Hello ox-forum,

I searched a lot, but haven´t found any solution for the following:

I have installed ox6 on CentOS 5.6 from repository as the Installation Guide mentions.

After all steps I run the ox-server and had the following error:

In Browser:
    "You need to enable JavaScript to access the Open-Xchange Server."

In access.log of apache:
    "GET /ox6/v=MwhuHoi/check.js HTTP/1.1" 404 259 "http://web09-ml.step.in-systeme.net/ox6/index.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0"

The interesting part is "v=MwhuHoi" ... where does this come from. I already disabled the Rewrite-rule, but didn´t change anything.

Please help.

Marcus

System:
    Linux 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5xen (CentOS release 5.6 (Final))
    OpenXchange 6.20.0.0-8_13.1
    Regards
    Markus

System:

Hi Marcus,

this is a random string generated by each OX UI update. It's there to ensure the user gets the most recent version even if the browser caches a lot of stuff. This eliminates the need to clear the browsers cache and a big source of issues. The Rewrite rule is there to remove this string when accessing the server. The "path" does not really exist, it's just for the browser to recognize it as a different path after updating the UI. Just use the exact apache configuration mentioned at the installation guide and it will work fine.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

thanks for the explanation. The problem is solved! My whole configuration was correct, but I have SCALIX installed too for testing and as I deactivated (renamed) the .conf-files of SCALIX under /etc/httpd/conf.d and restarted the webserver - OX6 is running fine!

Thanks.
      Last edited by bongsao; 07-28-2011, 02:10 PM.
      Regards
      Markus

System:

Comment

Working...
      X