The same password for ox login and the imap-server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same password for ox login and the imap-server

Hi all. I am new in the ox world, so please excuse me if my question is stupid.

Is it right thet the ox login passord of an user must be the same as its imap-account password? And when that is true, how can I prevent that an user kills his email settings by changing his ox login password?

Many Thanks
    Michael

The passwords do not need to match. That's a configuration thing. In many environments the easiest setup is to use the imap authentication plugin which does exactly that.
    In that case the user cannot change his ox login password anyway and if he could it wouldn't be a problem since the password is never read from the OX database then. OX connects to the imap server and tries to authenticate with the user given password. If it works the login is fine.

Wolfgang

Comment

Thank you very much, but that is a solution I can not use in my environment, because a) The user must have the possibility to change his OX password himself and b) The user has no possibility to change his IMAP password.

I have tried to change the values of com.openexchange.mail.passwordSource to global and com.openexchange.mail.masterPassword to a password which (could) have all IMAP user in common.

But OX seems to ignore this settings. Do I have to restart something others than

open-xchange-groupware restart

in order to apply the new settings?

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X