Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange-groupware does not start

Hi,
    today I set up Open Xchange on my server (Debian squeeze 6.0 x64 / Sun Java 1.6 x64) as described in the "Download and Installation Guide for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze)".

When i try to run "/etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware start" I get the following error: "/sbin/start-stop-daemon: unable to set gid to 999 (Operation not permitted)" (999 is the group id of the open-xchange group).

When I manually edit the oxfunctions.sh to use open-xchange : open-xchange (or another user:group combination avaiable on my server) i just get "Starting Open-Xchange Groupware: open-xchange-groupware." without the application being started....

I can't find any solution for this, maybe anyone has an idea?

Thank you for any help,
    Mikeon

Hi Mikeon,

are you starting these services as root?

Greetings

Comment

I tried starting these services with root, sudo with my standard user (normal user with full sudo rights after password), my standard user without sudo and from users with strict permissions being responsible for teamspeak and minecraft servers.

I am always getting this "error"

Comment

Hi,

please start the groupware process from a "real" root shell (sudo -s or login as root). The process itself will run as open-xchange user, just the start script needs root permissions to do this "user swap".

Greetings

Comment

Although I had tried this yesterday I will try it again later from University or in the evening.
          (or doesn't su switch you into user root?)

Edit: I just bootet up my server and the service is running (I had tried rebooting yesterday in th evening...) now it is running and I can login with the created test user.

Maybe I just couldn't see the wood for the trees yesterday....

Now I have to setup a mail-server to get things working, thank you for getting me check if the process is runnning this morning
          Last edited by Mikeon; 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X