Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linking ??

mayank Guest

Default Linking ??

hello.
    Does anyone knows , what is role of Linking option
    in Open-Xchange GUI ??

Hi,

The linking feature is meant for connecting different groupware items together. For example: If you select a contact and click "Start Linking" the linking process starts. Now select another Groupware item, e.g. a appointment and click "End Linking". This establishes a link between those two objects. Links can be accessed via the detail view of a object, there you'll see all links for the selected object and you can follow the link by clicking "Go To" you'll be redirected to the linked object. This feature can be used to establish logical connections e.g. between a Infostore object and a contact which is related to that.

Greetings.

mayank Guest

ok..thanks
    now , how can i share contacts feature in Openxchange.
    I've created 2 users.
    now how can i share contact list ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Hi,

The linking feature is meant for connecting different groupware items together. For example: If you select a contact and click "Start Linking" the linking process starts. Now select another Groupware item, e.g. a appointment and click "End Linking". This establishes a link between those two objects. Links can be accessed via the detail view of a object, there you'll see all links for the selected object and you can follow the link by clicking "Go To" you'll be redirected to the linked object. This feature can be used to establish logical connections e.g. between a Infostore object and a contact which is related to that.

Greetings.

Hi,

you can share all folders, just do a right-click to the folder and select "properties". There you'll find the "Rights" tab where you are able to add users or groups that are allowed to access the folder. This sharing is consistent for all modules, for the E-Mail module, ACL will be set at the IMAP Server.

Greetings.

mayank Guest

ok
    i've created folder and also added 1 user..
    but it's not showing that folder for newly added user...when i login with that
    user.
    plz help
    what is the process of sharing that newly created folder. ??

Hi,

you can share all folders, just do a right-click to the folder and select "properties". There you'll find the "Rights" tab where you are able to add users or groups that are allowed to access the folder. This sharing is consistent for all modules, for the E-Mail module, ACL will be set at the IMAP Server.

Greetings.

Hi,

shared groupware folders are shown at "public folders" or "shared folders", depends on where they have been created. E-Mail folders need to be subscribed in order to use them. Do a right-click to the E-Mail folder -> Properties and select the shared folder. Now set the "subscribed" checkbox and save your settings.

mayank Guest

hi
    i've done , what u've said...
    but nothing happening...
    Do i need to restart services everytime ??

Hi,

shared groupware folders are shown at "public folders" or "shared folders", depends on where they have been created. E-Mail folders need to be subscribed in order to use them. Do a right-click to the E-Mail folder -> Properties and select the shared folder. Now set the "subscribed" checkbox and save your settings.

No, you do not have to restart services after sharing a folder.

mayank Guest

but still im not able to share anything ..
    can u tell me steps from beginning to share , for, eg, Contacts , between
    different users created in Ox.
    waiting for your reply..

No, you do not have to restart services after sharing a folder.

1. Login as User A.
    2. Do a right-mouse button click to a contact folder
    3. Select "Properties" from the context menu
    4. Click the "Rights" tab
    5. Click "Add user" at the panel and select User B.
    6. Add User B to the permission table
    7. Select User B at the permission table and give "see folder" rights and see/edit/delete permissions
    8. Click "Save"

9. Login as User B
    10. Expand the "Shared Folders" folder
    11. Expand the foldername of User A
    12. Click the contact folder