Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating System of Open-Xchange ASE

Hi,

I want to know if open-xchange ASE can run with ohters Linux distributions as Redhat5 ou 6 etc for example.

Or only with UCS.

Thank you to respond me as soon as possible.

Hi,

OX-ASE comes with UCS. If you want to use RedHat, get OX-SE. It's almost the same codebase.

Regards, Dirk

Comment

Operating systeme UCS

Hi,

Thanks.

Can ox ASE be integrated in other IT environnment like redhat, debian,etc which will eventually communicate .

I m really afraid .

Comment

UCS is Linux and RedHat, Debian etc. is Linux. There should be no issues with interaction of any Linux but they for example use different update management systems. So if you have RedHat Network to manager RedHat servers you cannot manage the OX ASE using the same mechanism and vice versa.

Comment

To be clear: OX ASE is a Bundle of Univention Enterprise Linux and OX. The unique feature set regarding administration, configuration and installation is only available in this specific bundle. Of course you can run OX on almost any other Linux Distribution, but not with the added features that Univention offers. OX itself offers plenty of interfaces to integrate with existing administration frontends, such as cPanel or Plesk or something self-made.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X