Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to download the attachments

Hello,

I've a debian squezze rootserver with OpenXchange installed (current Version : 6.20.0 Rev8 (2011-04-21 12:43:06)). It's the latest available via aptitude.

It is working perfect since 2 years. Since a few weeks I encounter the problem, that I'm unable to download the mail attachments. The download is starting, but nothing happens for minutes. Then the download is stoping and only a chunk of the file has been downloaded (if I download a JPEG, only a quarter (1/4) of the picture will download).

Next, I wanted to show the source file of the EMail (right mouse button on EMail -> Show Sourcefile), a clean OX Window appeared ... and after a while the following dialog from browser (snipped):

oxProblem.JPG

Another thing which I noticed is, the "refresh" button is spinning all the time and not only if I clicked it.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!
    zzkozak
    Last edited by zzkozak; 11-16-2011, 08:38 PM. Reason: Added a screenshot of an browser error

Hi,

please check the OX log file for any error messages when downloading the image. Could also be browser/proxy/apache related.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

no Exception in "open-xchange.log.0" after starting to download the attachment (it's not only a JPEG problem, PDF and other too), but I found this exception:

INFO: UNCLOSED MAIL CONNECTION AFTER 63547msec:
      imap://xxx%40xxx.de@xxxx.xxxxx.de:143
      IMAP connection established (or fetched from cache) at:
      at com.openexchange.mail.MailServletInterfaceImpl.ini tMailAccess(MailServletInterfaceImpl.java:1627)
      at com.openexchange.mail.MailServletInterfaceImpl.ini tConnection(MailServletInterfaceImpl.java:1604)
      at com.openexchange.mail.MailServletInterfaceImpl.upd ateMessageFlags(MailServletInterfaceImpl.java:2550 )
      at com.openexchange.ajax.Mail$1.call(Mail.java:1350)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.ThreadPools$TaskAdapte r.call(ThreadPools.java:348)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:750)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:776)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
      Current Using Thread: OXTimer-0005898
      at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1479)
      at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.getTrace(Mail Access.java:607)
      at com.openexchange.mail.MailAccessWatcher$WatcherTas k.run(MailAccessWatcher.java:214)
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:441)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndRe set(FutureTask.java:317)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Future Task.java:150)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Custom ThreadPoolExecutor.java:869)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(CustomThreadPo olExecutor.java:894)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:750)
      at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:776)
      Nov 18, 2011 3:48:40 PM com.openexchange.login.internal.LoginPerformer logLogout
      INFO: Logout Context:1(1,defaultcontext) User:4(xxxxx) Session:be7971b2c52749ea98666aabbcbf6e0c
      Other logfiles (apache) don't report any problems/errors. It's strange, because with other mail client like iPhone there are no problems to view the attachments.

It's ture, I'm behind a proxy now, but when I try it at home without a proxy, I encounter the same behaviour ... attachments can't be loaded and the reload button on the top of the screen (to the left of the help button '?') is permanently rotating.

Cheers,
      zzkozak

Comment

Hi,

okay - then please use firebug, get to the console tab of it and check for requests that are queued up or not finishing. Using OX with a proxy won't work in many cases due to ip and cookie checks. Is the OX server itself behind a proxy, even if you access it from home?

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

so I started firebug and checked for such requests, and the only one that was not ok was this:
          firebug_error.JPG

Also a PUT ajax call was not ok, but answered with code 200:
          firebug_PUT_error.JPG

Additionally I switchted the loglevel to FINEST and got this error messsage, which points to the AJP13 connector:
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:15 PM com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool run
          FINEST: Clean run ending. Time: 0
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:15 PM com.openexchange.database.internal.Pools run
          FINEST: Cleaner run ending.
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:15 PM com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool run
          FINEST: Clean run ending. Time: 1
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:16 PM com.openexchange.push.udp.PushOutputQueue run
          FINE: get push objects from queue: 0
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:17 PM com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task call
          FINE: AJP-0004 Category=6 Message=No data provided from web server: input stream returned "-1" while reading AJP magic bytes in package #1. Wait for input data took 112873msec. exceptionID=494536820-28
          AJP-0004 Category=6 Message=No data provided from web server: input stream returned "-1" while reading AJP magic bytes in package #1. Wait for input data took 112873msec. exceptionID=494536820-28
          at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.r eadInitialBytes(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:579)
          at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.r eadInitialBytes(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:538)
          at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerIm pl.processPackage(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:16 7)
          at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.p rocessRequest(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:214)
          at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.call(AJPv13 Task.java:351)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
          Nov 18, 2011 5:57:22 PM com.openexchange.pooling.ReentrantLockPool run
          FINEST: Starting cleaner run.
          The OX server isn't behind a proxy.

Cheers,
          zzkozak
          Last edited by zzkozak; 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Hi,

also downloading from Infostore is affected with the same problem.

Mostly small files < 20k can be downloaded, but not always. If the email contains more than one attachment, and one of them is small, I can't download it too.

Cheers,
            Marcin

Comment

Hi,

please check the "Answer" tab for that "200 OK" Request. Judging from the first image it seems like not all requests are answered correctly. Is there any module installed that limits request/response size at apache? Actually it seems very environment related.

Greetings

Comment

Hello Martin,

"Antwort" is empty. When not downloading an attachment, under "Netzwerk" I see the following:

network.JPG

The whole URL shows:

Cheers,
                zzkozak

Comment

Hello Martin,

I got it .... it was ... like in many cases ... Kaspersky. I switched it off and everything working fine. It seems like they did an update last time, which resulted in such behaviour.

Update:
                  Seams like it isn't Kaspersky but the proxy settings of them. They was set to be automatically recognized, this didn't worked. It worked after setting them directly.

Thank you for your help,
                  Cheers,
                  zzkozak
                  Last edited by zzkozak; 12-01-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X