No announcement yet.

INVALID_MSGID error from Spam Assassin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INVALID_MSGID error from Spam Assassin?

I'm an indirect user of OX server, it is used by my hosting provider. I've failed to get a useful response from them with this issue, and so I'd appreciate any help form forum members who might be able to give me more 'ammunition' to take back to my provider. If I've picked the wrong forum for this my apologies,

The provider uses Open-Xchange Server Version : 6.20.0 Rev27 (2011-09-22 06:57:26)

When sending email from their webmail interface I have recently noticed that it is getting flagged as Spam by Spam Assassin, with the error:

pts rule name description
    ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
    2.6 INVALID_MSGID Message-Id is not valid, according to RFC 2822

and when I check the Message-Id in the mail header I see things like this:
    <844930900.29818.1326256557566.JavaMail.open-xchange@ox.myappservice.com

This is lacking the closing ">" character, which I assume is the cause of the error. Accessing my provider's service via IMAP/SMTP works fine, the Message-Id is much shorter and is correctly formatted. This happens
    consistently, from various family mailboxes that I manage.

Is this a known problem, or can anyone suggest a cause? Perhaps an unusually long ID? Has anyone else seen this issue? Any info woulkd be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

it looks like a provider-fault.
    Ourselve and all other OX-Providers I know, don't have this failure.

Regards, DK

Comment

This was a OX-Bug and is fixed with Revision 30 or higher.
      Markus Wagner
      Open-Xchange Quality Assurance

Comment

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the answer, I'll pass that back to my provider and hopefully we can get this resolved.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X