Open SuSE 10.2 problems cont'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open SuSE 10.2 problems cont'd

Having gotten past the java issues now I am running into a new series of issues. I now get a GUI login but cannot login. 500 Internal Server Error.

From installation script:

(Re)Starting Admin Daemon
    done
    initializing database (step 2/2)
    user in context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
    done
    setting up the system
    creating certificates
    certificate created
    usermod: Unknown group `sasl'.
    using mail.example.com as FQHN of the mail server
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXMailServerImpl.w riteConfig(OXMailServerImpl.java:313)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceiv edFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Str eamRemoteCall.java:223)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:1 26)
    at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invo keRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java: 179)
    at java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invo ke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:132)
    at $Proxy0.writeConfig(Unknown Source)
    at com.openexchange.admin.console.mailconfig.Modify.< init>(Modify.java:142)
    at com.openexchange.admin.console.mailconfig.Modify.m ain(Modify.java:167)

done
    Creating startup scripts... done.
    Creating Groupware user... user in context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
    Starting Open-Xchange Groupware Daemon: open-xchange-groupware.
    Installation complete.

apache2 mod_jk log

[Mon Oct 15 17:03:26 2007] [jk_ajp_common.c (1436)]: Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed errno = 111
    [Mon Oct 15 17:03:28 2007] [jk_ajp_common.c (1436)]: Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13_worker failed errno = 111

Have you resolved this issue. I am having the same error messages.

Comment

Originally posted by fisherad View Post
      Have you resolved this issue. I am having the same error messages.
      Yes..I went here:

Large active community and installers that work. HTH.

Comment

@mailman
        Thanks for pointing out this but keep in mind that those "large community with working installers" is also made by people that _contribute_ something, not only by those who expect something to get for free. I don't want to start a flame here because it does not make any sense and it does not help anybody.
        I'm looking forward to fix and update the SuSE installer as well, thanks for reporting anyway.
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 10-29-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Well I don't want to get into a tussle about it either. I like very much what Ox has to offer but when you make it difficult to even get going you aren't increasing your odds that someone is going to contribute.
          Also the forums themselves are in need of a bit of work, many menu items and even the process for enrolling in the forum often flips between English and German. The email notifications I get are in German also. Could be a reason there aren't more people signed on.

Comment

Working...
          X