Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote imaps problem

Hi,

I configure ox to user a remote Cyrus Imaps server and it not work, here the cyrus error log and my imap configuration :

imaps TLS negotiation failed: toto.lan [192.168.0.3]
    Fatal error: tls_start_servertls() failed
    process 17199 exited, status 75
    service imaps pid 17199 in BUSY
    state: terminated abnormally

config :

imapServer=192.168.0.3:993

# Enable/Disable IMAPS and its port
    imaps=true
    imapsPort=993

db :
    imap srv
    192.168.0.3:993

username
    brice.rouanet

mail
    brice.rouanet@iut-tlse3.fr

maildomain
    NULL

What is worng ?

Hi,

did you setup the ssl certificates correctly?

Greetings

Comment

certificates are generated by oxinstaller script, how can I get my imaps server certificate and use it with ox ?

Comment

That depends on your imap server. On cyrus you need to use the following paramter to point to you certificates, plase note that the path may be different on your system and the cyrus user needs read rights to the folder/file

tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/eecert.pem
        tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem

Comment

my remote cyrus are correctly configured and works nicely,
          if I understand, i need to get cyrus certs and add them on ox server in tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/eecert.pem
          tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/private/eekey.pem

?

Comment

The problem seems to be that cyrus does not find the certificates, thats the "Fatal error: tls_start_servertls() failed" error and iirc i got this error fixed some time ago by setting the permissions/path of the cert files correctly. This has nothing to do with the OX application as it is "only" a client for imap or smtp using underlaying services like cyrus or postfix.

Comment

Yes OX is a mail client, so where can I add my certificate to the Client ?

Comment

You don't need to do that, the _Servers_ (Cyrus) own Certificate could not be found by here, that's why Cyrus is complaining. The TLS Engine of cyrus does not start up, that's no client problem.

Comment

I use this Curys with thunderbird, and it works nicely, I think it's not a cyrus problem

Comment

Working...
                  X