How to return to msx ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to return to msx ?

I agree, this might be a stupid question, but I wonder if anybody has an idea how to "downgrade" from an OX5 Installation to Microsoft Exchange (or just Outlook). As we know it's quite easy to migrate data from MS Exchange to OX, but how's the other way round?

One of my customers is a very satisfied user of OX, but their office is being closed and the computers are being transferred into a Microsoft Exchange Server environment. And so my customer asked me to find out if their important OX data can be transferred back into Microsoft Exchange.

I would highly appreciate any hints how to solve this issue.
    Many greetings,

firefox

Please ask Microsoft for a Migration offering
    Seriously, the Exchange -> OX Migration is "easy" because the data from Exchange is read and imported to the well-known and public documented OX Database/LDAP Schema. The other way around it will be much harder without extensive support by the ISV of the target system. Afaik the Microsoft Exchange data schemata are very strictly closed.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firefox2k View Post
      One of my customers is a very satisfied user of OX, but their office is being closed and the computers are being transferred into a Microsoft Exchange Server environment. And so my customer asked me to find out if their important OX data can be transferred back into Microsoft Exchange.
      You could use the OXtender for MS Outlook, synchronize it with OX and afterwards with MS Exchange. In case you are looking for a proper migration, Martin has said it all: OX does the migration from MS Exchange to OX, pls ask MS for the opposite (and let us know what they said) ;-)

René

Comment

Working...
      X