• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cvs question

hi
    want to know whether new CVS described in OX docm working on Non-Debian
    Systems ?? (Fedora, RHEL, etc...)

Hello,

the CVS only holds the sourcecode which can be compiled and executed on nearly every operating system. Note that some scripts like startup scripts are created for debian based distributions, you may need to modify them to get them working properly on other operating system.
    But there is only one CVS with one sourcecode which is platform independend - but that does not mean that it runs out of the box. You are welcome to write a how-to to install the software at fedora/rhel if you like, it should not be very complicated. I did not wrote a installer for Fedora so far because they do not provide a java sdk/jre package from their repository.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

ok..
      1 more thing , im trying to install it on Fedora 7 now, but it seems that package
      "postfix-mysql" is not there for any Non-Debian Based Systems..
      and without it, OX isn't able to create new users...
      what should i do now ?

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hello,

the CVS only holds the sourcecode which can be compiled and executed on nearly every operating system. Note that some scripts like startup scripts are created for debian based distributions, you may need to modify them to get them working properly on other operating system.
      But there is only one CVS with one sourcecode which is platform independend - but that does not mean that it runs out of the box. You are welcome to write a how-to to install the software at fedora/rhel if you like, it should not be very complicated. I did not wrote a installer for Fedora so far because they do not provide a java sdk/jre package from their repository.

Greetings

Comment

Download the source and compile it yourself...

Comment

already done.
          But i'm not able to create users as its giving me this error :

user in context 1 could not be created:
          Server response:
          com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Login failed: authentication failure
          [COLOR="Red"]

Download the source and compile it yourself...

Comment

Well, it seems the authentication for the E-Mail server is not handled correctly and does not authenticate correctly against the database.

Comment

Is it necessary to have "postfix-mysql" package ?
              It looks like this problem ! this package is not availb for Fdora 7 i think
              what should i do now ?

Well, it seems the authentication for the E-Mail server is not handled correctly and does not authenticate correctly against the database.

Comment

Working...
              X