Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook - Iphone sync problem

Hello,
    i am very new to this technology, so please excuse if my post has been answered before or if i am in the wrong place.
    I have successfully installed my exchange account on my Iphone as well as Outlook. Mail and calendar sync works just fine. However, my contacts do not sync. I have a full addressbook on my iphone, but i can't seem to get them added in my outlook or even webmail account. Anybody have a idea where to look or what to do?
    Please let me know if you would require further details to help me solving the issue. As i said, i am a real greenhorn!

Thanks

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

welcome to the forums!

iOS creates separate accounts for external services like Exchange compatible servers. You may check the "Groups" arrow at the top left to access your OX contacts. I'm not aware that iOS is actively copying your phones contacts over to external accounts.

Cheers
    Martin

Comment

Martin,
      thanks for your time. Could you tell me where i have to look for groups? Outlook, phone, webmail? Since iOS copies contacts to iCloud, i am assuming it should be able to that with a exchange server as well, no? Would it help to reinitiate the whole sync process again since i have a new computer setup as well as a new phone?

Thanks

Matthias

Comment

Hi,

i meant looking in iOS Contacts app for the "Groups" button at the upper left. This should bring you to an overview of all subscribed accounts and contact folders. iCloud is a "all your data are belong to us" service while iOS threads Exchange accounts as external data repositories that should not mix with already existing data.

Cheers
        Martin

Comment

Hello, I am also a newbie to this. I used to have the same problem in syncing iPhone contacts to Outlook.
          I think it's impossible for me to finish this task without handy software.
          Lately, I tried a tool that can sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook simply. You may have a try.

Here is the guide:
          1, Connect your iPhone to computer
          2, Select "Contacts" - "Import/Export"
          3, "Export All Contacts" - "to Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013"

You can check more on: http://www.transfer-iphone-recovery.com/

Comment

Or you may use our latest iOS Transfer.
            Check the guide How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook.

Comment

Working...
            X