downloads downloading as mail.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloads downloading as mail.js

Hi there, we have been running OX 6 for a while. Recently we have been getting users complaining that attachments aren't downloading. upon investigation it appears that with some attachments (possibly just htm files not 100% sure) when you double click on them or right click and select open it tries to download mail.js rather than the attachment, if you right click and select save as it works fine.
    I have tried this on multiple computers with different versions of Internet Explorer (8, 9, 10) and all the same
    If I open the mail.js file I get the following:-

{"categories":"ERROR","error_params":["charsetName"],"category":8,"error":"A severe error occurred.","code":"SVL-0011","error_id":"-1933107406-26354"}

and in the log file we get:-
    SEVERE: Logged at: com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.DispatcherSer vlet.handle(DispatcherServlet.java:269)
    com.openexchange.ajp13.remoteAddress=127.0.0.1
    com.openexchange.ajp13.remotePort=46161
    com.openexchange.session.clientId=com.openexchange .ox.gui.dhtml
    com.openexchange.session.contextId=1
    com.openexchange.session.userId=1051

charsetName
    java.lang.NullPointerException: charsetName
    at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:441)
    at com.openexchange.java.UnsynchronizedByteArrayOutpu tStream.toString(UnsynchronizedByteArrayOutputStre am.java:244)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.helper.DownloadUtility.check InlineDownload(DownloadUtility.java:145)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.responseRende rers.FileResponseRenderer.write(FileResponseRender er.java:169)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.DispatcherSer vlet.sendResponse(DispatcherServlet.java:305)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.DispatcherSer vlet.handle(DispatcherServlet.java:260)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.requesthandler.DispatcherSer vlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:189)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:707)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServ let.java:435)
    at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(Sessi onServlet.java:295)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.AjpProcessor.process (AjpProcessor.java:892)
    at com.openexchange.ajp13.coyote.sockethandler.Coyote Task.call(CoyoteTask.java:191)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Futu reTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:138)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.runTask(CustomThreadPoolExecuto r.java:797)
    at com.openexchange.threadpool.internal.CustomThreadP oolExecutor$Worker.run(CustomThreadPoolExecutor.ja va:824)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

We have had this problem on the past 3 versions of open xchange. We are now running v6.22.0 Rev5 and still experiencing the problem.

Anyone any ideas?

thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave,

what JVM are you running on that server?

Cheers
    Martin

Comment

Hi there, off the top of my head I can't remember, but there was an OX update over the weekend. ran the update, rebooted and problem is now resolved thanks

Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X