Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trouble getting oxtext working. modules for commercial use obligatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble getting oxtext working. modules for commercial use obligatory?

Hi,

I just installed oxtext according to the guide at: http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...allation_Guide
    Since I use the community version i could not install the additional modules for commercial use; readerengine and document converter. When I try to create a new document in the appsuite ui an url with the following scheme is called:

The url yields a 404 with grizzly stating "Resource identified by path '/ajax/oxodocumentfilter', does not exist.". Is it correct, that you need the additional modules for commercial use to utilize oxtext in the current form?

Greetings.

Hi,

we're tracking this as a bug already. Thanks for the pointer though!

Cheers
    Martin

Comment

Any update on this as having the same problem.

Simon

Comment

According to the documentation, these packages are mandatory:
        The Document Converter (for installation on v7.2, valid OX App Suite license required)

too bad

Comment

Correct, documentconverter is a commercial addon. However it's not required to run OX Text. There was a bug that documentconverter was required in order to use OX Text which will be resolved with 7.2.1.

Comment

Hi Martin,

when will we get the update?

Regards,

thwfreak

Comment

Hi,

7.2.1 is scheduled for mid-May, no specific date yet.

Cheers
              Martin

Comment

Hi,

is it possible to install OX Text with --nodeps with apt-get? Or are there some dependencies in the programs itself?

Thanks!

thwfreak

Comment

The issue here are not package dependencies but functional dependencies within the source code.

Comment

ah, ok.

thank you!

So I am waiting for the update ;-)

Regards,

thwfreak

Comment

Hi,

as ox 7.2.1 is released and I am still having trouble I wanted to confirm, that oxtext should be working now with the community edition. I reread the installation documents (http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...allation_Guide) and found no obvious flaws in my setup.

The error message changed to "Backend doesn't support realtime communication!"
                      I did confirm that com.openexchange.http.grizzly.hasWebSocketsEnabled is set to true in /opt/open-xchange/etc/grizzly.properties. Grizzly should also be set up properly.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                      X