Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password hashing in table user

I read these two threads:
    change own password? (http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/sh...hange+password)
    and:
    A few more basic questions

Shortly: there is no user administration interface yet available at the community edition, so a user can not change his own password.

So I want to try to set up a small web based program (in PHP) to solve this.

I learn the string password in table user. I think it must not be MD5, SHA or a string hash producted by Password() function in MySQL.
    Its a 13 bytes (104-bit).

What password hashing method OX using?
    In PHP, How can I do that?

Thank you very much for any help.

Hi,

there Is a administration interface for the community edition. See the installation wiki or the community edition installer.

Greetings.

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      Do you mean a normal user can use his interface to change his own password (like Hymalia)? Without the need help from OX administrator or a command line utils?

OK, I will explore it more thorough, I think it may be in menu: Configuration-Extras.
      Unfortunately, I still have a problem while I click this menu
      (I still trying to fix this. Something fail in communication with external authentication. May be I will open another thread if I can not fix this my own self).

Regard.
      Sulung

Comment

@ Martin Braun
        If I go to Configuration-Extras the interface for changing password and vacation starts .
        I can input my passwords , but not save. Nothing happens.
        In Apache log it seems that something missing :
        File does not exist: /var/www/css/admin.css, referer:
        File does not exist: /var/www/js/umin.js, referer:

The system is Debian 4 with your Installer from last week> great work >
        Thank you

Best reguard

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

Is the groupware ui installed to /var/www/ox/? Then it would make sense why /var/www/css and /var/www/js does not exist.

Greetings.

Comment

Hy Martin

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
            Hi Michael,

Is the groupware ui installed to /var/www/ox/? Then it would make sense why /var/www/css and /var/www/js does not exist.

Greetings.
            Yes it is in /var/www/ox ..
            I used your installer from 29.10.07

But also in the new path /var/www/ox/css and /var/www/ox/js
            the two files are missing ...

Best reguards

Michael
            Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hi,

i searched for this files and they are located here:

/var/www/ox/admin/js/umin.js
              /var/www/ox/admin/css/admin.css

It seems we're looking for this files on a absolute path, this should be done relative to the current path.

Greetings
              Last edited by Martin Heiland; 11-05-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Hy

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                Hi,

i searched for this files and they are located here:

/var/www/ox/admin/js/umin.js
                /var/www/ox/admin/css/admin.css

Greetings
                My Mistake

They are locateted under /var/www/ox/admin/* and not under /var/www/ox/*

But what can we do , that the changing of the Password is working ?
                Is there some missing files or the configuration to change...

Sorry for my bad English

Best reguards

Michael

Comment

Is the Configuration-Extras-Link in the Community Edition working now???

I always get the Error: Link is not implemented

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

The "Extras" link this has been "fixed" by implementing the admin gui, but it seems some paths are still wrong which is a minor problem imho.

Greetings.

Comment

The Admin GUI is installed on my server but the extra link does not work.
                      Error Message in the Gui:
                      "Link ist nicht implementiert. (LGI-0008,50467748-261)"

and in open-xchange.log:
                      Code:
                      Nov 5, 2007 4:33:32 PM com.openexchange.ajax.ConfigJump doGet
                      SEVERE: LGI-0008 Category=10 Message=Link is not implemented. exceptionID=50467748-261
                      LGI-0008 Category=10 Message=Link is not implemented. exceptionID=50467748-261
                      	at com.openexchange.groupware.integration.EmptyImpl.getLink(EmptyImpl.java:74)
                      	at com.openexchange.ajax.ConfigJump.doGet(ConfigJump.java:108)
                      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
                      	at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:399)
                      	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:138)
                      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
                      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:92)
                      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:357)
                      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:168)
                      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:246)
                      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

greetings

Comment

same at my OX

SCHWERWIEGEND: LGI-0008 Category=10 Message=Link is not implemented. exceptionID=736614364-4
                        LGI-0008 Category=10 Message=Link is not implemented. exceptionID=736614364-4
                        at com.openexchange.groupware.integration.EmptyImpl.g etLink(EmptyImpl.java:74)
                        at com.openexchange.ajax.ConfigJump.doGet(ConfigJump. java:108)
                        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
                        at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServ let.java:399)
                        at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(Sessi onServlet.java:138)
                        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
                        at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.respons e(AJPv13Request.java:92)
                        at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler. createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:363)
                        at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.crea teResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:168)
                        at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJ Pv13Listener.java:245)
                        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

does anybody have any idea? I've running community edition on debian 4

Comment

Working...
                        X