MySQL upgrade to 5.5 or 5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL upgrade to 5.5 or 5.6

Hi, we are currently using MySQL 5.1sp40 (master/slave setup) in our OXSE 6.20.7 production ring.
    We are planning to upgrade MySQL to 5.5 or 5.6 (later we will also update OXSE to 6.22).
    Are there any known problem or incompatibilities between OXSE 6.20.7 and MySQL 5.5/5.6?
    Would be best to upgrade MySQL to 5.5 or 5.6?
    Thanks for your support

Hi,

since we're testing OX in combination with supported Platforms (that all ship MySQL 5.1 to date), there is no experience with that yet. Perhaps some other users may already used OX with MySQL 5.6. Generally speaking there should be no issue but thats not yet validated in production.

Cheers
    Martin

Comment

Thanks for your reply Martin
      We are planning to migrate to a newer version of MySQL due to possibile improvements in InnoDB engine (we have massive scalability problems caused by continuos locking on the replicationMonitor table).
      Here I've found some very interesting considerations:
      http://www.percona.com/files/present...-MySQL-5.5.pdf

Here I've found a whitepaper where a distributed MySQL 5.5 setup has been used in order to test scalability and performance of OXSE 6.20.x:
      http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6...Whitepaper.pdf

I'm reasonably sure that OXSE 6.20.x (and later) are compatible with MySQL 5.5, but I've not found any information about MySQL 5.6 so I've posted here my question

Comment

Well, as long as InnoDB is used, there should be no major drawback. We're currently evaluating Percona xtradb to avoid the need for replicationMonitor by using (semi) synchronous distributed setups but no master/slave. ReplicationMonitor can be disabled with 7.2 btw.

Cheers
        Martin

Comment

Working...
        X