Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mail Filters" menu is not seen but Auto Forwarding & Vacation Notice menus are seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mail Filters" menu is not seen but Auto Forwarding & Vacation Notice menus are seen

Dear Team,

Firstly thank you very much for providing us with such a great software.

I have been struggling to get the "Mail Filters" menu item under settings of my installation. I tried every way possible but didn't worked out. Initially I had issues connecting to our sieve servers which is when I could not even get access to "Auto Forwarding" and "Vacation Notice" menu items. But after resolving issues with sieve servers, I get those menu items but I did not get the "Mail Filters" option.

Kindly take time to advise on how to debug this situation and get the "Mail Filters" option.

Please find below my environment information:
    CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
    Using latest updates (today upgraded to: 7.2.2-9_9.1)

# listbundles | grep -i filter
    bundlename: com.openexchange.mail.filter status: ACTIVE

Other resolved bundles:

bundlename: at.sciencesoft.oxadmingui status: RESOLVED
    bundlename: com.openexchange.eas.provisioning.generator status: RESOLVED
    bundlename: com.openexchange.system.extension status: RESOLVED

(I'm not sure if eas.provisioning.generator or system.extension would be effecting this)

Using Dovecot IMAP and Sieve provided by external provider.

I was testing Open-Xchange as an alternative to our exchange solution and before I could give demo, it would be great if I can have the mail-filters working. Kindly take time to advise on how to proceed this.

Kind Regards,
    Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

the current release of App Suite (7.2.2) does not have UI for managing mailfilters. The legacy OX6 UI has and the upcoming version 7.4 of App Suite will allow the same settings again as OX6 did.

HTH,
    Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
      Hi Sanjeev,

the current release of App Suite (7.2.2) does not have UI for managing mailfilters. The legacy OX6 UI has and the upcoming version 7.4 of App Suite will allow the same settings again as OX6 did.

HTH,
      Wolfgang
      Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for the update. Mail Filters is very important for me to force my colleagues to replace their clients and existing exchange system with Open Xchange. Could you kindly let me know when is the 7.4 release scheduled? Or would I be able to downgrade to OX6 on CentOS 6.4?

Thank You,
      Kind Regards,
      Sanjeev

Comment

Please see the roadmap http://knowledgebase.open-xchange.com/roadmap.html#5 for planned releases and rough features.

You can install the OX6 frontend in addition to the App Suite based on the same backend service.
        Please check http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...e#quickinstall section Parallel Setup of OX App Suite UI and OX 6 UI

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Rosenauer View Post
          Please see the roadmap http://knowledgebase.open-xchange.com/roadmap.html#5 for planned releases and rough features.

You can install the OX6 frontend in addition to the App Suite based on the same backend service.
          Please check http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...e#quickinstall section Parallel Setup of OX App Suite UI and OX 6 UI
          Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide the information. The road map says it will be launched in August which is great! Also thank you for referring to the OX6 frontend setup. I shall just try the same.

Thank you,
          Kind Regards,
          Sanjeev

Comment

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much! The OX6 fontend has done the trick. It is sufficient for now to give a demo. Thanks a lot!

BTW: I like the latest GUI Can't wait for 7.4 release.

Kind Regards,
            Sanjeev

Comment

Working...
            X