Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Server Setup

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Open-Xchange and was wondering is there an internal SMTP and IMAP Server for Open-Xchange and if so how do I configure it to work. If not how do I configure it to work with another mail server that support IMAP and SMTP?

Thank you in advanced for any replies.

Kind Regards
    Thomas Park
    Kind Regards

Thomas Park

Web Services Administrator / Developer

Ok, heres a second part to my question could I configure an Opne-Xchange account to access a mailbox on another IMAP server? So lets say hMailServer was running on server 192.168.200.55 with an email account called test@test.com, could I configure an Open-Xchange Account to access this account on another mail server? If so is how do I go about setting this up?
    Kind Regards
    Kind Regards

Thomas Park

Web Services Administrator / Developer

Comment

Open-Xchange itself has no builtin SMTP/IMAP services.
      Only the integrated product with UCS provides those services. Open-Xchange as the community version has to be configured to access resp. use an external SMTP and IMAP service.

Comment

Originally posted by tpark View Post
        Ok, heres a second part to my question could I configure an Opne-Xchange account to access a mailbox on another IMAP server? So lets say hMailServer was running on server 192.168.200.55 with an email account called test@test.com, could I configure an Open-Xchange Account to access this account on another mail server? If so is how do I go about setting this up?
        Kind Regards
        For every user in the OX system you can configure an IMAP account which can be on different and multiple servers.
        In mail.properties there is an com.openexchange.mail.mailServerSource which needs to be configured and for the per user setting please check the create-/changeuser CLT help to configure the target servers.

Comment

Working...
        X