noob questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob questions

I set up Open-Xchange on a server but there are a few noob questions I have about it.

1) How do I completely remove the twitter widget from the portal, where the users cannot add it back?
    2) How do I increase the memory availability for the JAVAVM? I set it to 1024 Meg when I installed but that's not enough. Some sources I've found say to edit the /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/ox-scriptconf.sh file but when I open it, it's empty.
    3) Is there any way to change the default time zone? It automatically sets to Europe/Berlin time which is no good for me.

Originally posted by bristr View Post
    1) How do I completely remove the twitter widget from the portal, where the users cannot add it back?
    2) How do I increase the memory availability for the JAVAVM? I set it to 1024 Meg when I installed but that's not enough. Some sources I've found say to edit the /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/ox-scriptconf.sh file but when I open it, it's empty.
    3) Is there any way to change the default time zone? It automatically sets to Europe/Berlin time which is no good for me.
    1) try to set com.openexchange.oauth.twitter=false in twitteroauth.properties

2) the path is /opt/open-xchange/etc/ox-scriptconf.sh (w/o the groupware part)

3) the timezone can be given when creating a user (createuser --help) and every user can change his timezone from within his own settings

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I am also having problems installing OX Text. I put the details in the other thread.

Comment

Okay it turned out I had just commented out a line that was needed. It was an easy fix.

One big, important thing I need now is to change the Open-Xchange Admin Master password. Do you know how to do this?

Comment

With
          /opt/open-xchange/sbin/generatempasswd
          (see --help)
          you can change the master password.

Comment

Working...
          X