unable to create INBOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to create INBOX

The following is the creating ox user info, I can not find any solution of advice on our forum, I am sadness.

mail:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret --username pqiu --displayname "peter qiu" --password qwer1234 --email pqiu@35post.com --givenname peter --surname qiu --language en_US --timezone Asia/Shanghai --department Network --company "Neuros"
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: unable to create INBOX

Any advice or suggestion are very thankful!

Originally posted by peterking756 View Post
    The following is the creating ox user info, I can not find any solution of advice on our forum, I am sadness.

mail:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret --username pqiu --displayname "peter qiu" --password qwer1234 --email pqiu@35post.com --givenname peter --surname qiu --language en_US --timezone Asia/Shanghai --department Network --company "Neuros"
    Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPEx ception: unable to create INBOX

Any advice or suggestion are very thankful!
    I could be many different reasons for that I guess, but first thought is, is the oxadmin user admin user in ur imap server

if cyrus in imap.conf
    admin: oxadmin

Tronn

Comment

reply unable to create INBOX

Thanks Tronn. I have check the /etc/imapd.conf, the content is like this:

#admins: cyrus
      admins: oxadmin

I think it is right. Maybe it have other reason. And I have download vmware hyperion ox images. run the vmware and create ox user but appeared same error information. I think this is a bug of ox server . I have commit on bugzilla, I hope the ox developer can fix it. Thanks for your fast response.

Comment

Thanks Tronn. I have check the /etc/imapd.conf, the content is like this:

#admins: cyrus
        admins: oxadmin

I think it is right. Maybe it have other reason. And I have download vmware hyperion ox images. run the vmware and create ox user but appeared same error information. I think this is a bug of ox server . I have commit on bugzilla, I hope the ox developer can fix it. Thanks for your fast response.
        Did you try to create the INBOX manually like it is mentioned in the WIKI?

Comment

reply unable to create INBOX

Originally posted by neo View Post
          Did you try to create the INBOX manually like it is mentioned in the WIKI?
          I create the cyrus mailbox again such as:
          mail:~# cyradm -u oxadmin localhost
          IMAP Password:
          localhost> cm user.kqiu
          localhost> lm user.kqiu
          user.kqiu (\HasNoChildren)
          localhost> sam user.kqiu kqiu lswiprcd

and then create the ox user such as :

mail:~# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P secret --username kqiu --displayname "kelly qiu" --password qwer1234 --email kqiu@35post.com --givenname kqiu --surname qiu --language en_US --timezone Asia/Shanghai --department Network --company "Neuros"
          Server response:

and the error still in.

I install the cryrus-imapd-2.2 use the following command:
          apt-get install cyrus22-imapd cyrus22-admin cyrus22-common

Should I need install the cyrus by source way.

Neo Thanks a lot!

Comment

If in /etc/imapd.conf you set:

Code:
            unixhierarchysep: yes
            then you must create the mailbox with a "/" :

Code:
            cm user/kqiu
            sam user/kqiu kqiu lswiprcd
            from imapd.conf:

# UNIX Hierarchy Convention
            # Set to yes, and cyrus will accept dots in names, and use the forward
            # slash "/" to delimit levels of the hierarchy. This is done by converting
            # internally all dots to "^", and all "/" to dots. So the "rabbit.holes"
            # mailbox of user "helmer.fudd" is stored in "user.elmer^fud.rabbit^holes"
            orlando

Comment

Yes....now everything is fine!!

1. create the mailbox with "/" :

Code:
              cm user/orlando
              sam user/orlando orlando lswiprcd
              2. create the user like wiki

then you can login.

orlando

Comment

Originally posted by oprocopio View Post
                If in /etc/imapd.conf you set:

Code:
                then you must create the mailbox with a "/" :

Code:
                cm user/kqiu
                sam user/kqiu kqiu lswiprcd
                from imapd.conf:

orlando
                Thanks a lot. This is the real reason. Now I can create the ox user.The install guide will give us a lot trouble , if the /etc/imapd.conf set unixhierarchysep: yes when we create the cyrus mail box should like this :

cyradm -u oxadmin localhost
                Password: "very secret"
                cm user/orlando

I hope our open-xchange can find the solution if meet this case.
                and hope the open-xchange deveploer or admin can fix the installation guide and can not make the ox user misunderstand. Thanks again.

Comment

The installation guide at http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...e_Installation is implemented in a wiki. Everybody can advance this guide and you are welcome to contribute this correction there to support other community members.

Comment

Thanks a lot. This is the real reason. Now I can create the ox user.The install guide will give us a lot trouble , if the /etc/imapd.conf set unixhierarchysep: yes when we create the cyrus mail box should like this :

cyradm -u oxadmin localhost
                    Password: "very secret"
                    cm user/orlando

I hope our open-xchange can find the solution if meet this case.
                    and hope the open-xchange deveploer or admin can fix the installation guide and can not make the ox user misunderstand. Thanks again.
                    Ups, that was my modification because of the default setup for the virtual appliances from daniel and me.

Corrected the wiki.

Comment

reply postfix-mysql config for ox

Originally posted by neo View Post
                      Ups, that was my modification because of the default setup for the virtual appliances from daniel and me.

Corrected the wiki.
                      Everything for ox installation is done except postifx configring as mysql query and authentication. Thanks a lot for neo and open-exchange team members
                      making great efforts. Now I can send the e-mail by ox. But can not receive the email by ox. I am waiting the document or guide manul about the postfix configuration (mysql) and authentication for ox. And thanks for open sources developers contribution and great efforts!

Comment

Working...
                      X