Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• createcontext: access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost'

Hi,

I ran into a problem again: when running createcontext (through oxinstaller), I get a SQLException: access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

When I try the following: "mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb" the login succeeds and I get the standard mysql prompt. The createcontext tool also seems to ignore every change I make to /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties or /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties

Has anybody got an idea what this error could be caused by?

Regards

Jonas

Originally posted by thewizzard View Post
    Hi,

I ran into a problem again: when running createcontext (through oxinstaller), I get a SQLException: access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

When I try the following: "mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb" the login succeeds and I get the standard mysql prompt. The createcontext tool also seems to ignore every change I make to /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties or /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties

Has anybody got an idea what this error could be caused by?

Regards

Jonas
    When you try to run the command "mysql ...." then you don't have to provide a password?

But oxinstaller neeeds a passwort, that's why you get the error.

Comment

Hy,

Same problem here.
      When i try to login in with "mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb" he asks for the password and with it i am able to connect to mysql.

output from oxinstaller is:

Configuring services
      setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
      setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
      (Re)Starting Admin Daemon done
      initializing database (step 2/2)Server response:
      java.sql.SQLException: Server connection failure during transaction. Due to underlying exception: 'java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'.

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.sql.SQLException
      MESSAGE: Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

STACKTRACE:

java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:2975)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.ja va:798)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java: 3700)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:12 03)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.j ava:2709)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1 485)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonReg isteringDriver.java:266)
      at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:525)
      at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:171)
      at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCacheExtended.ge tSimpleSqlConnection(AdminCacheExtended.java:178)
      at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.createDatabase(OXContextMySQLStora ge.java:741)
      at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java: 382)
      at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextLightImpl .create(OXContextLightImpl.java:98)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
      at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
      at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
      at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
      done

system is debian/etch

Regards

Ruben

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion564 View Post
        Hy,

Same problem here.
        When i try to login in with "mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p configdb" he asks for the password and with it i am able to connect to mysql.

Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
        done

system is debian/etch

Regards

Ruben

ok, what is the output from
        Code:
        mysql -u root -e "select user,host from mysql.user"
        May be you have to add the "-p" parameter if root is not able to login without a password.

Which hosts and user do you see?

Comment

neptun:~# mysql -u root -e "select user,host from mysql.user"
          +------------------+-----------+
          | user | host |
          | debian-sys-maint | localhost |
          | openexchange | localhost |
          | root | localhost |
          | root | neptun |
          neptun:~#

there is no password set for user root

neptun:~# mysql -u root
          Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
          Your MySQL connection id is 40
          Server version: 5.0.32-Debian_7-log Debian etch distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

Comment

I got a few more users but almost the same. I also tried setting the host to "%" for openexchange, but no luck with that either... (I'm on debian sarge btw with mysql packages from here: http://www.howto24.de/wiki/index.php...hp5_und_MySQL5)

Comment

Does anybody know where createcontext takes its data for the database connection from? Changing configdb.properties doesn't change the behaviour of createcontext (when I change the username in configdb.properties, it still says access denied for openexchange).

Regards

Jonas

Comment

Could you try this for me:

Maybe something wrong wound up in either /opt/open-xchange/admindaemon/configdb.properties or the tables.

Comment

Thanks, that did it. It had "secret" in the password column of the db_pool table. Now I can continue to install Open-Xchange You made my day!

Comment

Working...
                  X