X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox rewrite master.cf

hello folks

please anybody help me

my problem is that ox rewrite my master.cf file so my mailserver does not function in the right way

i seen that ox rewrite the file if i saved new mail settings in admin menue

where can i stop this!!!!

thx

outlow

Simple answer: Stop using the admin interface.

Pretty and useable user interfaces have the big advantage to show complex data in a simple way to make it much better configurable. That is why many people liked to have a public available Admin GUI. But to achieve simplicity for the user, the stuff that the user does not want to do (manual configuration), needs to be done by the application itself.
    If you are a experienced admin (what i do think) you'll also be able to administer your server via the console, OX contains various command line tools that do nearly the same job than the admin ui but with more possibilities to integrate to existing environments.

Comment

ok i accepted this

but i think that ox have to change master.cf and main.cf when i checked mailscan on or off and not even i saved because i changed an maildomain adress

and if you do in this way nobody could you use an alternate configuration like youres

in my fault i use spamassassin with amavis and not with procmail

above all i have to say that i find the admin tool very good
      and i enjoy your work

it would be enough if a change take effect on master.cf and main.cf only in this case i update the mailscan and not if i save an change on maildomains

or?

Comment

Working...
      X