OX with any other MTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its not supporting user name of type : xyz@abc.com
    should work without '@', if server supported..

Originally posted by Apollo77 View Post
    Sorry, mayank if I am not addressing your exact issue here.

I have tried the changeuser and createuser scripts. I am finding --imaplogin seems to get ignored. Both --imapserver and --smtpserver values get picked up as expected. However, it does not matter what value I put in -- imaplogin ... it gets ignored and the IMAP login I see on my mail server Courier logs is the OX login name. I've tried changing --imaplogin to several different values -- no success.

Ok, so why not just change the OX login to match my Courier login, you ask? I tried that. My IMAP server expects a domain name after the login name. (paul@mydomain.com). Fine. However, OX will not allow me to set that username up -- I guess it doesn't like the "@".

Is this a bug?

Apollo

Comment

@Apollo,

you're right - we don't care what you enter as imaplogin as long as you don't set the imapCredSrc parameter at imap.properties to user.imapLogin. By default the value of the session credentials entered by the user is taken as login name.

Code:
      /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/imap.properties:
      # Possible value are: session, user.imapLogin and other
      - imapCredSrc=session
      + imapCredSrc=user.imapLogin
      Will do the trick.

Comment

Yes, I found imapCredSrc in imap.properties late last night.

I set imapCredSrc=user.imapLogin ... problem solved.

Apollo

Comment

hi
          i don't have this parameter in my imap.properties file !!
          should i set this explicitly ?

Apollo

Comment

hi
            im able to set uname like abc@mydomain.com, its authenticated and gets stored in user table with ImapLogin as abc@mydomain.com but OX is not allowing me to login
            with same uname !!!
            Any ideas or any changes in Config for that ?

Sorry, mayank if I am not addressing your exact issue here.

I have tried the changeuser and createuser scripts. I am finding --imaplogin seems to get ignored. Both --imapserver and --smtpserver values get picked up as expected. However, it does not matter what value I put in -- imaplogin ... it gets ignored and the IMAP login I see on my mail server Courier logs is the OX login name. I've tried changing --imaplogin to several different values -- no success.

Ok, so why not just change the OX login to match my Courier login, you ask? I tried that. My IMAP server expects a domain name after the login name. (paul@mydomain.com). Fine. However, OX will not allow me to set that username up -- I guess it doesn't like the "@".

Is this a bug?

Apollo

Comment

hi
              i've set this propt explicitly but nothing happened !!
              ru able to login and thru what username ?

Apollo

Comment

can anyone tell me , if there is a need to change any script and if yes, which script(s) were called when we login thru OX GUI as im facing prb that OX is not able to login with user created like "abc@mydomain.com". My IMAP supports this kind of login only...
                or is there any other way around to create users of this kind ??
                im thankful if anybody can address these issues !!!

Apollo

Comment

Did you try something like:
                  /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P <adminpwd> -u john -d "John Doh" -g "John" -s "Doh" -p <johnspwd> -e "john@example.com" --imapserver <imap.fdqn> --smtpserver <smtpser.fqdn> --imaplogin "<imap.fdqn>" --dbonly

That will create a user that is able to login into OX via the username "john" (-u option) with the password <johnspwd> and the email "john@example.com".
                  OX itself will not try create an IMAP Account for that user (--dbonly) but instead will use the Imap Server at "<imap.fdqn>" log into that server via the username "<imap.fdqn>" and the the password "<johnspwd>" to get to Johns IMAP Account.
                  All this only if "imapCredSrc=user.imapLogin" is set in imap.properties

hope that helped.

Comment

hi
                    no..
                    1) i've passed "-u abc@mydomain.com" since my IMAP server only supports uname of this kind , else, it'll give authentication error..
                    Im able to create users, though, of this type , but OX isn't allowing to login with this kind of uname "abc@mydomain.com"..
                    2) I've already tried what u've given as an eg and it;s working...But one issue in this is , im not able to share email folders...Im running Courier-IMAP.
                    ru able to share your email folders ???
                    im facing these 2 issues right now ...

any ideas to any of these issues ??

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
                    Did you try something like:
                    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P <adminpwd> -u john -d "John Doh" -g "John" -s "Doh" -p <johnspwd> -e "john@example.com" --imapserver <imap.fdqn> --smtpserver <smtpser.fqdn> --imaplogin "<imap.fdqn>" --dbonly

That will create a user that is able to login into OX via the username "john" (-u option) with the password <johnspwd> and the email "john@example.com".
                    OX itself will not try create an IMAP Account for that user (--dbonly) but instead will use the Imap Server at "<imap.fdqn>" log into that server via the username "<imap.fdqn>" and the the password "<johnspwd>" to get to Johns IMAP Account.
                    All this only if "imapCredSrc=user.imapLogin" is set in imap.properties

hope that helped.

Comment

1.)
                      Well, never tried to create a user with special characters maybe thats a limitation of OX !? Anyhow with Nr. 2 working this is this still needed?

2.)
                      By sharing Email Folders you mean that one is not able to subscribe to an email folder of another user?
                      That seems to be related to your Courier server (which I'm running to), since access to email folders is managed only through the IMAP server an OX just "subscribes" to them.
                      So when you give another Courier user read/write access to ones IMAP Folder you should than be able to subscribe to that Folder in OX via Confiiguration -> Folder preferences -> Email. (which works fine here, you just have to keep the username mapping in mind since Courier doesn't know anything about the OX users (at least not in my installation) and hence you have to give access to the Courier user which is used by the OX user who should have access to the email folder)
                      If you have installed OX by following the WIKI instruction (or using the Community Installer) you're lucky because then OX and IMAP are sharing the same user database and you should be able to grant access to IMAP Folders through the OX GUI.
                      But since your IMAP usernames differ from the OX ones i think that's not the case here.

Comment

Working...
                      X