Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Inbox

Hi:
    Is there a plan to pagination in the Inbox?

Originally posted by liuxulin View Post
    Hi:
    Is there a plan to pagination in the Inbox?
    In case you mean to split your list of emails into separate pages: NO!

Pagination has been invented for web applications to avoid that databases, scripts and browsers have to handle huge amounts of data. The Open-Xchange technology now has found a way that this huge amount of data can be handled easily and there is a huge improvement in term of usability with a full list of all messages in your inbox.

I do not see any reason why pagination should be useful. Why are you asking for pagination?

René

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
      In case you mean to split your list of emails into separate pages: NO!

Pagination has been invented for web applications to avoid that databases, scripts and browsers have to handle huge amounts of data. The Open-Xchange technology now has found a way that this huge amount of data can be handled easily and there is a huge improvement in term of usability with a full list of all messages in your inbox.

I do not see any reason why pagination should be useful. Why are you asking for pagination?

René
      HI:
      We have found the technology you referred at the global.js. Thank you.
      The problem is that it takes almost one minute to enter admin-gui if there are 5000 users in OX system. I doubt the system is initializing the information of the Group’s members at that moment. It has to return 5000 pieces of information when there are 5000 users. The internet and the sever are all heavy loaded and it takes quite a long time to open a page layout. Also, after completing a new added user’s information, the system needs to restructure the information of the group’s members, until then it comes back to the users’ information list. This course takes very long to finish.

Comment

Hi,

The Express Editon nor the Community Admin-GUI (which is the same as at the Express Edition) are not made to handle 5000 users at one context. This large amount of users per context will also cause problems with the global addressbook at the users UI for example. I personally tested this with 30k users and the UI got very slow. In such a case, using different contexts is more useful imho.
        However, the server is capable to handle a lot more than 5000 but the user interfaces are currently not designed for this - so you're idea of pagination would be very useful here.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
          Hi,

The Express Editon nor the Community Admin-GUI (which is the same as at the Express Edition) are not made to handle 5000 users at one context. This large amount of users per context will also cause problems with the global addressbook at the users UI for example. I personally tested this with 30k users and the UI got very slow. In such a case, using different contexts is more useful imho.
          However, the server is capable to handle a lot more than 5000 but the user interfaces are currently not designed for this - so you're idea of pagination would be very useful here.

Greetings
          Hi Martin
          "different contexts" ? what is you mean?

Comment

Hi,

a context is a "virtualized" groupware environment on the Open-Xchange Server. For example:

usera@context1
            userb@context1

usera@context2
            userb@context2

users of the same context are able to interact with each other, sharing folders, seeing them at the global addressbook and so on. Users from context2 cannot see anything of context1 - of course they can send mail to users of context1 but this depends on the mail configuration. This feature is extensively used at the Hosting Edition. I am not sure if this works flawlessly with the Community Edition.

Comment

Hi
              Where download Hosting Edition?

Comment

Hi,

a context is a "virtualized" groupware environment on the Open-Xchange Server. For example:

usera@context1
                userb@context1

usera@context2
                userb@context2

users of the same context are able to interact with each other, sharing folders, seeing them at the global addressbook and so on. Users from context2 cannot see anything of context1 - of course they can send mail to users of context1 but this depends on the mail configuration. This feature is extensively used at the Hosting Edition. I am not sure if this works flawlessly with the Community Edition.
                "this depends on the mail configuration" How to do?

Comment

Hi,

mail configuration is not done by the OX server nor is it provided by it. The groupware is just a E-Mail _client_, not a server so e-mail configuration has to be done at the imap/smtp services. Just to fix this up:

user1@context1 may have user1@context1.com as e-mail address. He is able to send a E-Mail to user2@context2.com just like it's possible with any other mail recipient. The Open-Xchange application server is transparent to the underlaying E-Mail subsystem, just configure another e-mail account/login for different users at different contexts.

The Hosting Edition is not available for download and contains several proprietary plugins which are not shipped at the Community Edition to enable full functionality in a hosting environment (ISP/Telco). This does not mean the Community Edition is "crippleware" (it works quite well for 99% of all use-cases) but only that the Hosting Edition has been extended.

Comment

Hi
                    Thank you for your fast reply.
                    When can realize this function(context)?

Comment

hi martin..
                      Idea seems to be good but will this req some changes in scripts ??
                      or i have to just create diff context using scripts..?
                      One more thing, how many users (Approx.) can this Hyperion OX handle at a time , in real live working Envm. ?

Hi,

mail configuration is not done by the OX server nor is it provided by it. The groupware is just a E-Mail _client_, not a server so e-mail configuration has to be done at the imap/smtp services. Just to fix this up:

user1@context1 may have user1@context1.com as e-mail address. He is able to send a E-Mail to user2@context2.com just like it's possible with any other mail recipient. The Open-Xchange application server is transparent to the underlaying E-Mail subsystem, just configure another e-mail account/login for different users at different contexts.

The Hosting Edition is not available for download and contains several proprietary plugins which are not shipped at the Community Edition to enable full functionality in a hosting environment (ISP/Telco). This does not mean the Community Edition is "crippleware" (it works quite well for 99% of all use-cases) but only that the Hosting Edition has been extended.

Comment

I look up database and "Open-Xchange Hyperion CLT", I find have already defined "cid" field name in the table, I guess what this mean be Context is id. but not find about context name is defined.
                        What method or interface can create "context"-->"cid"?

Comment

Contexts are created by the "createcontext" CLT.

Comment

Contexts are created by the "createcontext" CLT.
                            Hi: Martin Braun
                            thank you for your reply.

Comment

Very soon,i think.Hi,glad to see it..

Comment

Working...
                              X