How to integrate own modules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to integrate own modules?

I plan to integrate a extension into OX-Hyperion. A customer specific report about calendar entries. The extension would implemented as JSP/SERVLET in the same Tomcat enviroment as OX. The SQL/Tables part is cleared.

Open questions:
    Add an addionional module button to the gui
    Use the login of the user for user identfication. Probably pass the session ID to the own application.

There is a thread with a similar content

, but no answer

Peter

Originally posted by pezi View Post
    I plan to integrate a extension into OX-Hyperion. A customer specific report about calendar entries. The extension would implemented as JSP/SERVLET in the same Tomcat enviroment as OX. The SQL/Tables part is cleared.
    Hyperion does not use Tomcat. If you would like a to generate a report about calendar entries, I think the easiest way is to use the HTTP-API to retrieve calendar items and to write a UWA module. I am not sure if this is available in the community CVS already, but we will have the possibility to add UWA modules to portal page in the near future.

We are also considering to allow custom buttons and functions in GUI but how this will be implemented has not yet been decided yet.

The idea to directly access the database is IMHO a bad idea as the database layout will change in future (but the HTTP API will remain stable).

René

Comment

UWA Support has been published to the cvs one month ago at the same time we started developing it.

Comment

I'm also interested in writing my own module but I don't want to use UWA since it relies on runtimes scripts located on netvibes.com... Ideally, I'd like to create a RSS reading module similar to the ones you can have on the starting page (mail, tasks, etc.). I tried to use the UWA one from netvibes but it can't access the feed on my local system since it's not public.

Comment

Working...
        X