Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general questions about OX:EE and Hyperion

Hi all,

am i right with the following: OX:EE is a ready-to-use groupware based on Hyperion? And since OX:EE was released, Hyperion is more andvancing day by day? If its the case, how big are the differences between these two (not every single bit of course, but in functionality)?

Thanks, Jens

Hi Jens,

Originally posted by jennix
    am i right with the following: OX:EE is a ready-to-use groupware based on Hyperion?
    Yep.

And since OX:EE was released, Hyperion is more andvancing day by day?
    Of course

If its the case, how big are the differences between these two (not every single bit of course, but in functionality)?
    Well the Express Edition is not getting updated every day of course but is shipped in individual update packages (currently the second update since release) as a customer also pays for the update service and also profits of the improvements of Hyperion. But as EE is a "product", Hyperion is a "project" which implies that EE is not bleeding-edge but tested well before releasing. Currently i think there are some sexy visual improvements and bugfixing at the HEAD branch of Hyperion which are not available at EE yet - but no fundamental feature changes.

Greetings

Comment

Ok, thanks. OX:EE has Outlook-Connectivity via its Oxtender. AFAIK this Oxtender is officialy not available for Hyperion, right? How can i connect people which are using Outlook to Hyperion to use Shared Folders, Calendar, Contacts etc., is it possible via Imap or WebDAV?

regards, Jens

Comment

Working...
      X