Infostore folders fro groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infostore folders fro groups

I would like to create a group shared folder. ie a folder where everybody in a group can add /edit documents.

To that effect I created an Infostore folder under userstore and given all permission to the group (create documents, all, all, all, all).

However, when I log in using a different user, I am able to see the subfolder but not the documents which are inside.

What would be the correct setup ?

Originally posted by efourmen View Post
    I would like to create a group shared folder. ie a folder where everybody in a group can add /edit documents.

To that effect I created an Infostore folder under userstore and given all permission to the group (create documents, all, all, all, all).

However, when I log in using a different user, I am able to see the subfolder but not the documents which are inside.

What would be the correct setup ?
    The setup seems right. If the folder is visible and read permissions are set to "all", any member of the group should be able to see and download files in that folder. Maybe something about the group membership?

René

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately we have the same problem. 2 groups have access to the same folder. While group 1 has full admin rights, group 2 only has full read rights. Members of group 1 (admin) can view, edit, delete items in the folder. However group 2 can only see folder name written in cursive. No content is shown; as if the group rights were set to "visible folder". I deleted the rights for group 2 saved the rights, added the group 2 with all rights. The problem was not solved. Users of group 2 still have no rights whatsoever on this folder.

If I allow a single user of group 2 to access the folder it works.

Any help ?

Comment

Originally posted by goge View Post
        Hi,

Unfortunately we have the same problem. 2 groups have access to the same folder. While group 1 has full admin rights, group 2 only has full read rights. Members of group 1 (admin) can view, edit, delete items in the folder. However group 2 can only see folder name written in cursive. No content is shown; as if the group rights were set to "visible folder". I deleted the rights for group 2 saved the rights, added the group 2 with all rights. The problem was not solved. Users of group 2 still have no rights whatsoever on this folder.

If I allow a single user of group 2 to access the folder it works.

Any help ?
        This sounds like a bug and should be investigated by our developers. Can you please file a bug report with steps how to reproduce (step by step description) in our bug tracking system?

René

Comment

I created a report:

Comment

Working...
          X