Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxtender for Hyperion or OX:EE for dedicated server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxtender for Hyperion or OX:EE for dedicated server?

Hi all,

if i want to serve 300 to 500 people with a groupware like Hyperion/OX:EE, and they have to work over internet, because they are mostly working out off office, i have to think about the connection. So a dedicated server is coming to my mind. They are mostly equipped with SUSE or debian and so on, and i didnt have a chance to get OX:EE on it. Hyperion could be installed easily, but it has no oxtender. What can i do? OX 5 is not an alternative. Or maybe the hosting edition of OX 6 is worth a try?

regards, Jens

Hi,

personally i think the Hosting Edition is "a bit" oversized for 500 users and would require a integration project. I really don't have a idea what's best for your case at the moment but i'd suggest to write a E-Mail to info/at/open-xchange.com to get a official statement about availability of a OXtender for the Community Edition. Did you already thought about running OX:EE inside a vmware and moving it to the dedicated server?

Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      personally i think the Hosting Edition is "a bit" oversized for 500 users and would require a integration project.
      ah, i thought as much.

I really don't have a idea what's best for your case at the moment but i'd suggest to write a E-Mail to info/at/open-xchange.com to get a official statement about availability of a OXtender for the Community Edition.
      I will do this and if i'm allowed to i will bring the answer to this forum too.

Did you already thought about running OX:EE inside a vmware and moving it to the dedicated server?
      Not yet, but its a good idea, maybe i should try it, thank you...

regards, Jens

Comment

Working...
      X