Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX login with e-Mail address

Hi,

I have successfully installed and configured the "open-xchange-authentication-ldap" plugin or component.

Authentication against ldap with a uid works.

But I would like to login with my e-Mail address. If I do so, OX ony processes the user-part of the e-Mail address and transfers it to ldap.

E.g: abc@domain.com gets to mail=abc,ou=user,dc=domain,dc=my instead of mail=abc@domain.com,ou=user,dc=domain,dc=my

Can anyone help me to get that working with the e-mail address as the login name.

Thanks
    Regards
    Karl-Heinz

Hi,

I do not see an option to use the full email address as the uid in the ldap authentication bundle.
    So it's only possible to achieve when applying some customization on that and create a new bundle doing it that way.
    So from a programming part itself changing that accordingly is not too hard but getting up the required development environment is not exactly that easy and I'm not an expert in that.
    I'll see if I can find some pointers for you if you are interested.

Comment

Hi Wolfgang,
      thanks, but no programming.

I expected, there would be a configuration possibility to handover the whole login string to the ldap-authentication module.

But to be clear. It is not to use the full e-mail address as "uid" in ldap but as attribute mail.

The ldap-authentication module can be configured the way to search for "mail". But the handover of the complete login string to the ldap-authentication module does not work. It is stripped down to "user" of user@domain.tld.
      Regards
      Karl-Heinz

Comment

There is no configuration option unfortunately.
        I basically can see that this a useful option though. Which OX version do you use?

While I was thinking about the usecase I asked myself for your complete usecase and if that could be reflected in a generic way in the standard LDAP plugin.
        While handing over the full login string (here email address) to whatever attribute comparison (like mail) is not a big thing I was thinking about the context mapping.
        Currently if LDAP is used it is using the domain part directly as a context name. That means out of the box it only works for single context/tenant environments anyway. Do you have such an environment?
        Last edited by Wolfgang Rosenauer; 07-02-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Wolfgang,

first of all. I am not on an production environment. It is more for gaining experiences with OX and also, if possible, create an environment to work with for my very limited private use. Since I am working with larger environments in my profession, I sometime "oversize" my own configurations to see how it could work.

Idea was to have multiple contents. Cureently only one.

Idea was, to use a content to login to a localy running Dovecot Server with IMAP protocol to access to Mailboxes hosted locally. The content of these Mailboxes is sometimes a local one, sometimes fetched via Fetchmail from a public e-Mail Address.
          I naturally use this local installation to send e-Mails via a public Relay-Host.

I was thinking about a second context to access the Public Mailserver directly.

In Addition, I have recently setup a Server to see how ISP would work (ISPConfig3). With concern to OX, this also would be a Multi-Context Environment, if I understand the OX-Concept right.

In that Environment I also have a OpenLDAP running and the local Postfix/Dovecot Server identifies agaist this LDAP. But I am testing also other things to use LDAP.

Coming back to OX. In general, dependent on the context, login could be different. One time with user-id, for the other context with e-Mail Address. I would like to keep it all the same for all contextes. But that is just cosmetics - I would say.

And on top: Naturally I am also used to use wemail systems (none locally installed exept OX). For most of the webmailers you login with your e-Mail address as the login string.
          So that was my second thought also for OX and was estonished not to find a way get it going.
          Regards
          Karl-Heinz

Comment

Working...
          X