HTML Email for the Webmail Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Email for the Webmail Client

Hi, and greetings to the community of OX App Suite.

Following the installation guide, we were able to setup the instance of OX Appsuite without particular difficulties, except for one particular issue:

The webclient does not let the user to write email in HTML format.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1)we enabled the option "HTML" in Mail Settings,

2)the client does not show the option described in the user manual "Text Format"

3)In consequence of this, the WYSIWYG editor is missing:

Finally, when opening the "Compose" window, the OX Log does not show apparently any exception or error

I suspect we missed something, because i cannot track any similar issue on this forum.

Thanks for your time,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

some hints.

Does the apache log shows any errors?

Maybe the tiny rtf editor is missing / permissions problem.
    If installed can you use html formatted mails in ox6 view?

Installation: Can you check out your installed packages comparing to the listed in software.open-xchange.com
    And if all installed check out if they are enabled/ have the status "ACTIVE". Maybe a listing of your installed packages would be helpful.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your reply! A light into the dark.

Well, I am using ox app suite
      UI version: 7.6.0 Rev7
      Server version: 7.6.0-Rev7

I follow the centos guide, it seems that ox appsuite comes with all the features installed.

and i get this on apache log, but is not repeated when i open the compose page:

[Wed Sep 10 04:17:16 2014] [error] [client xxx.154.175.xxx] File does not exist: /var/www/html/appsuite/loadimage, referer: http://office.xxx.net:8081/appsuite/

how can i provide you a list of installed packages, and check if they are with "active" status ?

I worries that App suite 7 is slightly different from ox6, maybe i am wrong.

Thanks, Andy

Comment

HTML Editor

Originally posted by pro-ite View Post
        Hi Antonio,

some hints.

Does the apache log shows any errors?

Maybe the tiny rtf editor is missing / permissions problem.
        If installed can you use html formatted mails in ox6 view?

Installation: Can you check out your installed packages comparing to the listed in software.open-xchange.com
        And if all installed check out if they are enabled/ have the status "ACTIVE". Maybe a listing of your installed packages would be helpful.
        Up , still have to find a solution to the issue. Thanks

Comment

Hi, a couple of days ago I made a very strange discover:
          the HTML is working...but only from MAC Computers! The same account from a windows computer, presents the issue i described at the beginning of topic.

What I honestly find strange, is that nobody else here got the same issue..

This point me to a bug, rather than a local issue.

Thanks, A Cole

Comment

Working...
          X