X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change password Button in User data

3.5. Changing the Password

How to change your password:

Note: Depending on the groupware's configuration the procedure for changing the password might differ from this instruction. In this case, contact your administrator or host.

Click on Portal in the menu bar.

Click on My password in the User data widget.

Enter the current password. Enter the new password twice.

Click on Change password.

Note: This widget might not be displayed. If this is the case you can add the widget.

Tip: You can also change your password in the Basic settings.

Hi Wolfgang Rosenauer

How to config Change password Button in User data

My ox server have no this button in User Data

Parallels Plesk 12 is used Mail Server

OX Server <----API---> Paralllesl Plesk 12
    Last edited by quangduc08; 10-15-2014, 11:00 AM.

Originally posted by quangduc08 View Post
    Hi Wolfgang Rosenauer

How to config Change password Button in User data

My ox server have no this button in User Data

Parallels Plesk 12 is used Mail Server

OX Server <----API---> Paralllesl Plesk 12
    Hi!

The right for a user to edit a password is defined in ModuleAccessDefinitions.properties

e.g. webmail user has the right
    webmail=webmail,contacts,globaladdressbookdisabled ,collectemailaddresses,editpassword

You'll find further password settings in this file:
    passwordchange.properties

After editing a groupware reload is neccessary.

Changing the password access right for only one user or for existing users use the changeuser script with this attribute added:
    --access-edit-password on

For help please enter
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin # changeuser -h

Or search for "changeuser" in oxpedia.org

Comment

Originally posted by pro-ite View Post
      Hi!

The right for a user to edit a password is defined in ModuleAccessDefinitions.properties

e.g. webmail user has the right
      webmail=webmail,contacts,globaladdressbookdisabled ,collectemailaddresses,editpassword

You'll find further password settings in this file:
      passwordchange.properties

After editing a groupware reload is neccessary.

Changing the password access right for only one user or for existing users use the changeuser script with this attribute added:
      --access-edit-password on

For help please enter
      /opt/open-xchange/sbin # changeuser -h

Or search for "changeuser" in oxpedia.org

I'm sorry, but this doesn't solve it for me. My users can't change their passwords. Here is the important stuff of my ModuleAccessDefinitions.properties file:

Code:
      webmail_plus=contacts,webmail
      pim_plus=contacts,webmail,calendar,tasks
      groupware_plus=contacts,webmail,calendar,delegatetask,tasks,editpublicfolders,infostore,publicfoldereditable,readcreatesharedfolders
      premium=contacts,webmail,calendar,delegatetask,tasks,editpublicfolders,infostore,publicfoldereditable,readcreatesharedfolders,ical,vcard,webdav,webdavxml

# PLEASE Update accordingly when UPDATING "all" level!
      # Includes all modules except mobility,
      groupware=calendar,contacts,delegatetask,editpublicfolders,ical,infostore,publicfoldereditable,readcreatesharedfolders,tasks,vcard,webdav,webdavxml,webmail,editresource,editgroup,editpassword,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication

#
      webmail=webmail,contacts,globaladdressbookdisabled,collectemailaddresses,editpassword
      pim=webmail,calendar,contacts,tasks,globaladdressbookdisabled,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication,editpassword
      pim_infostore=webmail,calendar,contacts,tasks,infostore,webdav,globaladdressbookdisabled,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication,editpassword
      pim_mobility=webmail,calendar,contacts,tasks,syncml,usm,activesync,globaladdressbookdisabled,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication,editpassword
      # Groupware Standard always gets new features except mobility and OXtender.
      groupware_standard=webmail,calendar,contacts,infostore,tasks,webdav,ical,vcard,readcreatesharedfolders,delegatetask,editpublicfolders,editgroup,editresource,editpassword,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication
      groupware_premium=webmail,calendar,contacts,infostore,tasks,webdav,webdavxml,ical,vcard,syncml,usm,olox20,activesync,readcreatesharedfolders,delegatetask,editpublicfolders,editgroup,editresource,editpassword,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication
      drive=infostore,deniedportal,contacts,collectemailaddresses
      # By default 'all' is the same as 'groupware_premium', except the right 'publicfoldereditable'.
      # As this right only applies to context administrators, 'all' is internally equivalent to 'groupware_premium' for normal users.
      all=webmail,calendar,contacts,infostore,tasks,webdav,webdavxml,ical,vcard,syncml,usm,olox20,activesync,readcreatesharedfolders,delegatetask,editpublicfolders,editgroup,editresource,editpassword,publicfoldereditable,collectemailaddresses,multiplemailaccounts,subscription,publication
      I hope there is a solution!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Christoph

Comment

Working...
      X