Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX with Qmail

hi
    anyone tried integrating OX with remote SMTP server like Qmail , etc..
    I've tried this but im not able to share E-mail folders, e-mails r going !!
    don't know reason !

Sharing E-Mail folders is a functionality of the IMAP Server, not the SMTP Server. Please consult the documentation of you IMAP Server to see how folder sharing is done for this server.

Comment

hi martin
      actually, vr using courier IMAP on this server with Qmail.
      can u suggest me settings that needs t be modified in order to share my email folders..
      becoz i don;t have much idea abt. Courier IMAP.
      Thanks

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Sharing E-Mail folders is a functionality of the IMAP Server, not the SMTP Server. Please consult the documentation of you IMAP Server to see how folder sharing is done for this server.

Comment

I am working on this exact setup right now. This post may help you (maybe), although I have my own problem to solve here.

My QMail installation was done using Qmailrocks.org, so it includes Courier IMAP. My current setup uses Squirrelmail, but I will be much happier with OX as a web interface.

One annoying thing that I am figuring I will not be able to overcome is that there will no longer be one interface to change passwords. Passwords for OX and passwords for the qmail/courier setup will have to be manually sync-ed, I think. Anyone tackled that yet?

Now .. my real reason for posting here ... If anyone can help with this I will be very grateful ...

I login to OX as "paul". However, my Courier IMAP server is expecting a login of "paul@mydomain.com". Ok, so I see a mySQL table called "user" that contains a field called "imapLogin". I set imapLogin to "paul@mydomain.com" and figure that should work. However, I can see from my Courier logs that OX is still only sending "paul" as the login. I have tried restarting the server -- same result. Any idea how to get the OX to send "imapLogin" from "user" table to my Courier IMAP? I think Courier would just work withh OX if I could resolve this issue.

Comment

Working...
        X