Some more questions regarding OX App suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more questions regarding OX App suite

I thought it would be suitable to put these in a seperate thread, maybe someone can help me out.

Is it possible to search in all folders at the same time, including personal folders? The way I see it now I can only select my own folders one at a time.

Another thing. Our users used to send each other file links of files located on the server. The recipient would click the link and the file would open from the network. This was very convinient, but I'm having trouble recreating this in a browser based enviroment. I tried using a Chrome plugin called LocalLinks but OX somehow handles file hyperlinks differently than outlook. Here is an example:

I have a file on the network at this path:
    "Z:\testfolder\test_document.docx"

I open outlook, insert hyperlink and paste this path. I send this in the email. Then I open OX in chrome and when I click the link it opens in word. So far so good. My browser says in the lower left corner when I hover the mouse over the link, that it points here: file://omv/GreeNShare/testfolder/test_document.docx

So I do the same thing in OX, I insert hyperlink and paste the path, send the email to myself. Now the link doesn't work and Chrome says it points here: ourdomain.hu/appsuite/"Z:\testfolder\test_document.docx"
    Why does this happen? Can I change this? All of my users have the same network resource mapped to the same letter so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X