Hidden IMAP Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden IMAP Messages

I am using the mail client in App Suite, UI version: 7.6.1 Rev11, Server version: 7.6.1-Rev14

I am looking at an IMAP folder, and while it shows 4 messages, I can't see them.
    I suspect that the emails have a lower IMAP value than the last message value for that folder, so is there anyway to reset that value so that it will recheck everything in the folder?
    Or is there a way to clear any cached data about that folder and force a refresh?

I am willing to update mysql tables, or delete local file cache if necessary, as the IMAP server in use has a customization that results in new messages moved into folders keeping their old ID, resulting in not necessarily having a higher value than the highest value already in the folder. I realize this violates the expected IMAP behavior, but have found that most clients allow re-syncing a folder to overcome this.

Thank you.

I cannot really explain what is happening. But caching should not be the issue. OX does only do very limited to no caching of imap folders at all. So there is at least no data in MySQL nor in any other file cache. The only very limited message content cache is in memory. Therefore a logout/login should be enough to make sure it's no caching issue. To be like absolutely 110% sure you can restart the OX application. If the issue persists it's more a IMAP client<->server weirdness which is very hard to debug :-(
    Which IMAP server is it and is there a reason why you don't run 7.6.2 already?

Comment

I installed this a while back as a proof of concept, so hadn't looked into updating it, but I will soon.
      Strange -- so the IMAP code doesn't keep track of the highest-known IMAP message-id in each folder when scanning for new messages?
      I tried all of your recommended actions to no avail, but that particular situation cleared itself out, so I need to test that situation explicitly.

Comment

As I said probably in an existing session OX will keep something cached while I'm not exactly sure about it. But at least a full logout/login cycle will not keep any persistent data for that. So of it still occurs it might be something else.

Comment

I have updated to the latest version (7.6.2 Rev12) and completely re-installed, and so far all is looking very good, so this might no longer be an issue.

Comment

Ok, so it is re-occurring but upon deeper inspection, it looks like it's due to some body content.
            Looks like this is the culprit:

javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to load BODYSTRUCTURE
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.loadBODYSTRUCTURE(IM APMessage.java:1571)
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getDataHandler(IMAPM essage.java:765)
            at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getContent(MimeMes sage.java:1459)
            at com.openexchange.imap.command.MailMessageFetchIMAP Command$BODYSTRUCTUREFetchItemHandler.handleMessag e(MailMessageFetchIMAPCommand.java:1083)

Comment

The content is a LinkedIn invitation, so this is happening for all LinkedIn invitations.
              Let me know if you want me to post the whole stacktrace.
              Last edited by awheeler; 06-09-2015, 06:08 PM.

Comment

So I think I have the cause, if the headers contain:
                Content-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8
                Rather than:
                Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
                We get the error -- so it appears to be the lack of a space between "plain;" and "charset="

Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
                causes the same issue.
                Last edited by awheeler; 06-09-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I've just tried to verify this with 7.6.2-Rev18 and couldn't reproduce. Might be fixed meanwhile?

Comment

When will rev18 be in the RPM channels, as http://software.open-xchange.com/pro.../RHEL6/noarch/
                    only shows rev13?
                    In the meantime, I could try replacing the javax.mail.jar with a newer version, but I'm not a java expert and there are classes missing (like com.sun.mail.dsn) from the ones I have found online (http://search.maven.org/#browse%7C1487411417).

Comment

Most of the stack trace: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d9eafdaa2b62436bfe11

Comment

I have updated to the latest community edition (7.6.2-Rev25) and am still seeing this issue, and now I have some legitimate email not showing (not just LinkedIn invites anymore).

Comment

This appears to be a result of the old imap server I was using. I've upgraded from an old dbmail 2.0 to the latest 3.2 series and the problem has vanished.

Comment

Working...
                          X